Aldara 5% Cream (Genital Warts Treatment) | STI Treatment
Aldara Cream helps your bodies own immune system to produce natural substances which help fight your basal cell carcinoma, actinic keratosis, or the virus that has caused your warts.
Availability: Out of stock
Aldara 5% Cream may be used for three different conditions. Your doctor may prescribe Aldara cream for the treatment of:
- Warts (condylomata acuminata) on the surface of the genitals (sexual organs) and around the anus.
- Superficial basal cell carcinoma. This is a common slow-growing form of skin cancer with a very small likelihood of spread to other parts of the body. It usually occurs in middle-aged and elderly people, especially those who are fair-skinned and is caused by too much sun exposure. If left untreated, basal cell carcinoma can disfigure, especially on the face, therefore early recognition and treatment are important.
- Actinic keratosis. Actinic keratoses are rough areas of skin found in people who have been exposed to a lot of sunshine over the course of their lifetime. Some are skin coloured, others are greyish, pink, red or brown. They can be flat and scaly, or raised, rough, hard and warty. Aldara should only be used for flat actinic keratoses on the face and scalp in patients with a healthy immune system where your doctor has decided that Aldara is the most appropriate treatment for you.
Aldara cream helps your body´s own immune system to produce natural substances which help fight your basal cell carcinoma, actinic keratosis or the virus that has caused your warts.
|STI Treated:||Genital Warts|
|How to Take Aldara 5% Cream:||Apply Aldara cream 3 times per week|
For full details on Aldara 5% Cream please click on the patient leaflet below:
How to take Aldara Cream:
- Apply Aldara cream 3 times per week. For example, apply the cream on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. One sachet contains enough cream to cover a wart area of 20 cm2 (approx. 3 square inches).
- Before going to bed, wash your hands and the treatment area with mild soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
- Open a new sachet and squeeze some cream onto your fingertip.
- Apply a thin layer of Aldara cream onto clean, dry wart area and rub gently into the skin until cream vanishes.
- After application of the cream, throw away the opened sachet and wash hands with soap and water.
- Leave Aldara cream on the warts for 6 to 10 hours. Do not shower or bathe during this time.
- After 6 to 10 hours wash the area where Aldara cream was applied with mild soap and water.
- Men with warts under the foreskin should pull the foreskin back each day and wash underneath it.
- Continue to use Aldara cream as instructed until your warts have completely gone (half the females who clear will do so in 8 weeks, half the males who clear will do so in 12 weeks but in some patients warts may clear as early as 4 weeks).
- Do not use Aldara cream for more than 16 weeks in the treatment of each episode of warts.
Who should use Aldara Cream?
Do not use Aldara cream :
- If you are allergic to imiquimod (the active ingredient) or any of the ingredients of the cream.
Children and adolescents:
Take special care with Aldara cream:
- If you have previously used Aldara cream or other similar preparations tell your doctor before starting this treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you have problems with your immune system.
- Do not use Aldara cream until the area to be treated has healed after previous drug or surgical treatment.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, lips and nostrils. In the event of accidental contact, remove cream by rinsing with water.
- Do not apply the cream internally.
- Do not use more cream than your doctor has advised.
- Do not cover the treated area with bandages or other dressings after you have applied Aldara cream.
- If the treated site becomes too uncomfortable, wash the cream off with mild soap and water. As soon as the problem has stopped you may restart to apply the cream.
- Tell your doctor if you have an abnormal blood count.
Possible side effects of Aldara Cream:
Many of the undesirable effects of Aldara cream are due to its local action on your skin.
ery common effects include redness (61% patients), wearing away of the skin (30% patients), flakiness and swelling. Hardening under the skin, small open sores, a crust that forms during healing, and small bubbles under the skin may also occur. You might also feel itching (32% patients), a burning sensation (26% patients) or pain in areas where you have applied Aldara cream (8% patients). Most of these skin reactions are mild and the skin will return to normal within about 2 weeks after stopping treatment.
Commonly some patients (4% or less) have experienced headache, uncommonly fevers and flu like symptoms joint and muscle pains; prolapse of the womb; pain on intercourse in females; erection difficulties; increase in sweating; feeling sick; stomach and bowel symptoms; ringing in the ears; flushing; tiredness; dizziness; migraine; pins and needles; insomnia; depression; loss of appetite; swollen glands; bacterial, viral and fungal infections (e.g. cold sores); vaginal infection including thrush; cough and colds with sore throat.
Very rarely severe and painful reactions have occurred, particularly when more cream has been used than recommended. Painful skin reactions at the opening of the vagina have very rarely made it difficult for some women to pass urine. If this occurs you should seek medical help immediately.
Active Ingredients: Imiquimod
Other Ingredients: Isostearic acid, benzyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, white soft paraffin, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, glycerol, methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218), propyl hydroxybenzoate (E216), xanthan gum, purified water.
Buying Aldara Cream Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Aldara Cream online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Aldara Cream. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.