Canesten Internal Cream 10% | Feminine Hygiene
Canesten Internal Cream is a single application, full course treatment for vaginal thrush.
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: £10.49
Special Price: £8.25
Canesten Internal Cream is a single application, full course treatment for vaginal thrush. It is a soothing intravaginal cream in a prefi lled applicator for treatment at the site of infection. The active substance in Canesten Internal Cream is clotrimazole. Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called azoles and is an antifungal agent which fi ghts the cause of infections such as vaginal thrush.
Only use this product if you have been previously diagnosed by your doctor as having vaginal thrush.
For full details on Canesten Internal 10% please click on the patient information leaflet below:
How to use Canesten Internal Cream:
1. Remove the applicator from the packaging. Keeping the red cap in place, insert the tip of plunger A into the applicator B (approximately 1cm).
2. Twist and pull to remove the red cap C. Be careful not to press the plunger in any further before you have inserted the applicator into the vagina. This will avoid wasting any cream.
3. Carefully put the applicator as deep as is comfortable into the vagina (this is easiest when lying on your back with your knees bent up). Holding the applicator in lace, slowly press the plunger until it stops so that the pre-measured dose of cream is deposited into the vagina.
4. Remove the applicator. Dispose of the applicator in a safe place, out of the reach of children. The applicator cannot be flushed down the toilet.
Who should use Canesten Internal Cream?
Do not use Canesten Internal Cream:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients, including cetostearyl alcohol, of Canesten Internal Cream.
- During your period as it may be less effective.
Before using Canesten Internal Cream, you should see your doctor if:
- You are unsure whether you have thrush or this is the first time you have had these symptoms.
- You have had more than two infections of thrush in the last six months.
- You or your partner have ever had a sexually transmitted disease.
- You are aged under 16 or over 60.
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to Canesten or any other vaginal antifungal products.
- You have any of the following symptoms:
- Irregular vaginal bleeding.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood-stained discharge.
- Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Pain or diffi culty in passing urine.
- Fever or chills.
- Feeling sick or vomiting.
- A foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
If you are pregnant or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Internal Cream. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, follow his/her instructions carefully.
To treat internal thrush, your doctor may recommend that you use a treatment that can be inserted in the vagina without the help of an applicator, such as a clotrimazole pessary.
Possible side effects of Canesten Internal Cream:
- Signs of an allergic reaction may include: Rash, Swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue, weakness, feeling dizzy or faint, nausea.
After you apply Canesten Internal Cream you might experience:
- Itching, rash, swelling, discomfort, burning, irritation or vaginal peeling.
- Pain in the abdomen or pelvic area.
If you experience any of the above effects or react badly to the cream in any other way not listed in this leafl et, tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Active Ingredients: Clotrimazole (500mg)
Other Ingredients: Benzyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, cetostearyl alcohol, isopropyl myristate, cetyl palmitate and water.
Buying Canesten Internal Cream Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Canesten Internal Cream online safely and discreetly. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
Nationwide Pharmacies online doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication. Once you have selected the treatment that you require simply follow the steps below:
Add to basket and proceed to checkout
Answer the medical questionnaire
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours
Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 1PM (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1PM the next working day.