Canesten Oral & Cream Duo 150mg 2% | Feminine Hygiene
Canesten Oral & Cream Duo is a complete and convenient treatment for vaginal or penile thrush.
Availability: Out of stock
Regular Price: £13.69
Special Price: £10.59
Canesten Oral & Cream Duo is a complete and convenient treatment for vaginal or penile thrush. The active substances in the capsule and cream are fluconazole and clotrimazole, respectively. Fluconazole and clotrimazole belong to a group of medicines called azoles and are antifungal agents which fight the cause of infections such as thrush.
Only use this product if you have been previously diagnosed by your doctor as having vaginal thrush.
For full details on Canesten Oral & Cream Duo please click on the patient information leaflet below:
|Strength||150mg / 2% w/w|
How to use Canesten Oral & Cream Duo:
- One 500mg pessary should be inserted at night. Using the applicator provided, the pessary should be inserted as high as possible into the vagina. This is best achieved when lying back with legs bent up. A second treatment may be carried out if necessary.
Who should use Canesten Oral & Cream Duo?
If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to fluconazole, clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients, including cetostearyl alcohol, of Canesten Oral & Cream Duo.
- If you are taking the antihistamine terfenadine, the medicine cisapride or an ergot-derivative (e.g. ergotamine used for migraine).
If you have any of the following symptoms do not use Canesten Oral & Cream Duo and see your doctor as soon as possible:
- Irregular vaginal bleeding.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood-stained discharge.
- Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Pain or difficulty in passing urine.
- Fever or chills.
- Feeling sick or vomiting.
- A foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
This is because Canesten Oral & Cream Duo may not be the right treatment for you.
Do not use Canesten Oral & Cream Duo without talking to your doctor first if:
- Your sexual partner does not have thrush.
- You have sores, ulcers or blisters on your penis.
- You have an abnormal discharge from your penis.
- Your penis has started to smell.
- You have pain or difficulty in passing urine.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
If you are pregnant or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Oral & Cream Duo. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, follow his/her instructions carefully. To treat internal thrush, your doctor may recommend that you use the pessary without the help of an applicator.
Possible side effects of Canesten Oral & Cream Duo:
As with all medicines, some people may be allergic to the capsule or the cream. If you are allergic, a reaction will occur soon after you have taken or used the medicine. If you experience an allergic reaction or the redness, burning, pain, itching or swelling get worse, stop using this product and tell your doctor straight away or contact the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital. Signs of an allergic reaction may include:
- Swallowing or breathing problems.
- Swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
- Weakness, feeling dizzy or faint.
For the capsule the following side effects have also been reported:
- Feeling sick or being sick, stomach discomfort, change in sense of taste.
- Diarrhoea and wind.
- Liver disorders with symptoms such as yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark urine or pale stools.
- Change in heart rhythm or rate.
- Abnormal ECG (electrocardiogram) heart tracing.
- High blood levels of cholesterol or fat.
- Reduction in number of blood cells and platelets.
- Low levels of potassium.
- Severe condition with blistering of the skin, mouth, eyes or genitals.
- Rash, itching, hair loss.
- Recurrent infections (e.g. cold and flu).
After you apply the cream you might experience:
- Itching, rash, blisters, burning, discomfort, swelling,
irritation or peeling of skin. If you experience any of the above effects or react badly to the capsule or cream in any other way not listed in this leaflet, tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Active Ingredients: Fluconazole (150mg)
Other Ingredients: Colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, maize starch and sodium lauryl sulphate. The capsule shell contains brilliant blue FCF (E133), titanium dioxide (E171) and gelatine. The printing ink contains shellac, black iron oxide (E172) and propylene glycol.
Active Ingredients: clotrimazole
Other Ingredients: benzyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, cetyl palmitate, cetostearyl alcohol, octyldodecanol and purified water.
Buying Canesten Oral & Cream Duo Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Canesten Oral & Cream Duo online safely and discreetly. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
What is Thrush?
Vaginal thrush (candidiasis) is a common infection that most women suffer from at some time in their lives and is not caused by lack of personal hygiene.
Thrush is caused by a yeast (fungus) called Candida which lives harmlessly in the vagina and other parts of the body, without you even noticing it. However, the natural balance that keeps Candida under control can be upset by many factors such as hormonal changes (menstruation, contraceptive pill, pregnancy, menopause), poor health, antibiotics, perfumed soaps, bath additives and tight clothing.
If the natural pH balance is altered, the level of yeast increases and can develop into a thrush infection causing any of the following symptoms: persistent burning and/or itching around the vagina and vulva, redness, swelling and soreness of the tissues of the vagina and vulva and a whitish, odourless discharge from the vagina. Not everybody who has thrush has all these symptoms; you may have only one of them.
In men, Candida can also cause thrush - a condition called balanitis (inflammation of the end of the penis). It causes any of the following symptoms: soreness and redness of the penis, tightness of the foreskin and a white, odourless discharge from the penis.
How to avoid future recurrences of Thrush:
- Wear cotton knickers and loose clothing.
- Wash daily.
- After going to the toilet, wipe yourself from the front to back as a thrush infection may be transferred from the bowel.
- Change your sanitary protection regularly.
- Try to avoid wearing tights, nylon knickers and close fitting jeans.
- Try to avoid washing with perfumed soaps or using vaginal deodorants.
- Do not wash or rub yourself hard with sponges or flannels and avoid hot baths with strong perfumed oils.
Nationwide Pharmacies online doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication. Once you have selected the treatment that you require simply follow the steps below:
Add to basket and proceed to checkout
Answer the medical questionnaire
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours
Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 1PM (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1PM the next working day.