Codipar 15/500mg Capsules | Pain Relief Treatment
Codipar is a strong pain killer used in the relief of severe pain. Codipar is a prescription only medicine (POM) and is available as 15/500mg form.
Treatments start from £40
Co-codamol is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
PLEASE NOTE WE WILL ONLY DESPATCH PAIN RELIEF PRODUCTS TO THE BILLING ADDRESS OF THE CREDIT CARD USED WHICH MUST BE IN THE NAME OF THE PATIENT WHO HAS REGISTERED WITH US. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY MAY RESULT IN THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR MEDICATION BEING DELAYED.
Codipar is a strong pain killer used to help relieve moderate to severe pain. Codipar contains paracetamol, which acts by blocking the nerves that transmit pain impulses, and codeine phosphate which helps to reduce the brains awareness of the pain impulses. Codipar is available on prescription with NationWide Pharmacies .
Patients may only order a maximum of 2 boxes in a 4 week (28 days) period.
Medical Use Review:
The NHS has introduced a service called 'Medicines Use Review' to assist patients in achieving the best from their repeat prescription medicines. As part of our on-going commitment to patient care we have introduced a free Medicines Use Review service to our private prescription patients requesting repeat prescriptions for painkillers. This is to provide information and guidance on all medication that you may be taking to ensure that you are getting maximum benefit from your medicines. This may be via a home visit with our superintendent pharmacist during one of his Regional visits or by a telephone discussion. All visits and telephone calls will be pre-arranged by appointment and are treated in strict confidence. The only exception to this would be in the event of an identified medical emergency.
For full details on Co-codamol please click on the patient information leaflet below:
How to Take Codipar:
Always take Codipar exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Do not take more than the recommended dose.
Do not take for longer than your doctor tells you to.
Adults and children over 12:
- Swallow the tablets whole with a drink of water.
- The usual dose of co-codamol is 2 tablets, taken together.
- Wait at least 4 hours before taking another dose.
- Do not take more than 8 tablets in any 24-hour period.
- Elderly people may be prescribed a lower dose.
- Codipar should not be given to children under 12 years of age.
If you take more Codipar than you should
- Immediate medical advice should be sought in the event of an overdose, even if you feel well, because of the risk of delayed, serious liver damage.
- Remember to take any remaining tablets and the pack with you. This is so the doctor knows what you have taken.
If you have forgotten to take Codipar:
If you forget to take a dose at the right time, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take two doses at or near the same time. Remember to leave at least 4 hours between doses.
What are the side effects of Codipar?
As with all medicines, Codipar can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The following side effects may happen with this medicine.
Important side-effects you should know about Codipar:
- Taking a painkiller for headaches too often or for too long can make them worse.
- Taking codeine regularly for a long time can lead to addiction, which might cause you to feel restless and irritable when you stop taking the tablets.
Stop taking Codipar and see a doctor or go to a hospital straight away if You get swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing. You could also notice an itchy, lumpy rash (hives) or nettle rash (urticaria). This may mean you are having an allergic reaction to co-codamol.
Talk to your doctor straight away if you notice the following serious side effect:
- Severe stomach pain, which may reach through to your back. This could be a sign of inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis). This is a very rare side effect.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side effects gets serious or lasts longer than a few days:
- Feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting), Dizziness, light-headedness, drowsiness, confusion,
- Difficulty in passing water,
- Becoming dependent on codeine,
- You get infections or bruise more easily than usual. This could be because of a blood problem (such as agranulocytosis, neutropenia or thrombocytopenia).
If any of the side effects gets serious, lasts longer than a few days or you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Who should take Codipar?
Codipar is not suitable for everyone and some people should never use it. Other people should only use it with special care. It is important that the person prescribing this medicine knows your full medical history.
- Your prescriber may only prescribe this medicine with special care or may not prescribe it at all if you:
- Are under 12 years of age
- Are over 75 years of age
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- Allergic to codeine, paracetamol or any of the other ingredients (see below)
- Suffer from asthma
- Are an alcoholic
- Prone to drug dependence or drug misuse
- Taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors or have taken them within the last 14 days
- Are suffering from head injuries / high intracranial pressure
- Suffer from kidney problems or are on dialysis
- Suffer from liver problems
- Suffer from epilepsy or are prone to seizures or a convulsive disorder
- Suffer from bowl disorders (colitis, Crohn’s disease)
Active Ingredients: codeine phosphate 500mg and paracetamol 15mg
Other Ingredients: pregelatinised starch, maize starch, povidone, potassium sorbate, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, talc, magnesium stearate, and croscarmellose sodium (type A).
Buying Co-codamol Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Codipar online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Codipar. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.