Doxycycline 100mg Capsules | Acne Treatment
Doxycycline 100mg antiobiotics for acne treatment. Available as one, two and three month treatments on private prescription from NationWide Pharmacies.
Treatments start from £19
Doxycycline 100mg antibiotic is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
Doxycycline is a tetracycline antibiotic or broad spectrum antibiotic and is widely used in the prevention and treatment of acne and a range of other bacterial infections including skin, urinary and respiratory infections as well as in the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s) and anti-malarials.
|How To Take Doxycycline:||1 Tablet daily|
For full details on Doxycycline 100mg tablets please click on the patient leaflet below:
Taking Doxycycline for Acne Treatment:
Always take your medicine exactly as your doctor has instructed you. You should check with your doctor
or pharmacist, if you are unsure. Do not take more than your doctor has recommended.
Dosage for adults:
- 1 Doxycycline capsule per day with food or fluid.
- You must take your capsules as your doctor has told you to.
- It is important to swallow each doxycycline capsule whole with a glass of water.
- It is best to take your capsules at the same time(s) each day, when standing or while sitting.
- It is important not to lie down for at least thirty minutes after taking Doxycycline capsules, so that the capsule can move as swiftly as possible into the stomach and prevent irritation of the throat or oesophagus (canal taking food from the mouth to the stomach).
- If your stomach is upset, Doxycycline capsules can be taken with milk or a meal.
Please note this product is not suitable for children or for adults weighing less than 40 kg.
To maximise the effectiveness of your Doxycycline take you tablet with food or a milk drink where possible to aid absorption into the body. You should take the capsules either sitting down or standing up and well before you go to bed for the night to stop irritation and ulceration of your gullet. It is important not to lie down for at least thirty minutes after taking Doxycycline capsules.
Please note this product is not suitable for children under 12 years of. Doxycycline may also not be suitable if any of the following apply:
- If you are allergic to Doxycycline or any of its ingredients (see below)
- If you suffer from liver problems
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you suffer from depression or other mental illnesses
Possible Side Effects:
In some instances Doxycycline can have side effects. If you notice any of the following reactions whilst taking Doxycycline you should consult a doctor.
- Loss of appetite
- Rash which may be itchy
- Sleeping problems (insomnia)
Doxycycline can cause the skin to be hypersensitive to the sun so special care should be taken to avoid sunburn by covering up or using high factor sun creams in strong sunlight.
Active ingredients: Doxycycline hyclate
Other ingredients: Gelatine, Shellac glaze, Sodium lauryl sulphate, Magnesium stearate, Starch, Titanium dioxide (E171), Iron oxide red (E172), Quinoline Yellow (E104), Erythrosine (E127), Sulphan Blue (E131),
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.