ED Diagnostic Service Policy
Need help translating this page? Try Google Translate
ED Diagnostic consultation
NationWide Pharmacies consultation services adhere to NICE guidelines
If we are to provide a patient with effective erectile dysfunction treatment for their condition, it is important that our doctor correctly diagnoses the condition. This is why it is necessary for the patient to have a comprehensive and in depth online diagnostic consultation
Once the consultation is complete, the patient will be able to order the recommended prescribed medication monthly for a maximum period of 6 months. The diagnostic consultation will then be reviewed by our medical team
After 6 months, the patient will be required to complete an online Medical Review. This is essential to monitor the patient’s progress with the medication and to make any changes or adjustments to the prescription that may be necessary. After being prompted to fill in the medical review the patient will be able to request a prescription for the medication required. The medical review will then be assessed by our medical team to determine whether the requested medication is still suitable.
Erectile dysfunction policy guidelines
1. For a prescription to be issued by our doctor, the patient will need to provide a detailed and in depth consultation about their condition. In the patient’s interest, their answers must be truthful and provide as much detail as possible. If they don’t, then our doctor may not be able to issue the prescription.
All patients must be cleared (green flagged) on the Onfido system (online identification software).
2. The type of erectile dysfunction treatment offered will be identified by our ED diagnostic consultation. Only one type of ED medication will be supplied at any given time.
3. Once a patient has completed the diagnostic consultation and our doctor has issued a prescription, the patient does not have to complete another for the same condition. Following the diagnostic consultation, the patient can order for the next six months after which they will be prompted to complete a medical review through their account admin area to complete a medical review of their condition. Thereafter, they will be prompted to complete a review every 6 months.
4. At the third review, a patient will be asked for their consent for us to contact their GP. An automated letter confirming the diagnosis and treatment can be printed from the patient’s account.
*If a patient provides consent to Nationwide Pharmacies to contact their GP, a consent letter and confirmation of diagnosis and treatment provided, should be sent to the GP.
*Provision of false information e.g. doctor’s details or personal information will result in blocking the patient to use our online prescribing service.
5. It is very important that the patient does not exceed the dosage guidelines provided with their medication. In order to help them follow dosage guidelines, they can only order a maximum of one month's supply at a time. No further orders will be shipped until 28 days has lapsed from the despatch date of their previous order. If they order earlier than the one month period their order may be accepted but will not be shipped until the due date. Please see the table below for dispensing quantities and frequency per medication. A patient requesting for early supplies must make a request in writing and request should be approved by prescriber/pharmacist. A note should be added on patient’s PMR and account
6. If we become aware that a patient has ordered from NationWide Pharmacies Ltd and from other suppliers at the same time, we will reduce or cancel the order so that the total amount of medication supplied to any one person does not exceed the maximum dosage guidelines.
7. The medication must be paid for by a bank, debit or credit card that is registered in the patients' name and address. The address the card is registered at is the only address we will deliver ED medications to.
8. In certain circumstances, proof of identity and address may be requested. If so we may ask for a copy of the patient’s passport or driving licence along with a copy of a utility bill less than 3 months old.
9. Our doctors are particularly careful in prescribing prescription ED medications to anybody aged 18-25. It is uncommon for individuals within this age group to have a condition which requires prescription ED medications.
10. If more than one person is requesting prescription ED medication from the same address it will be necessary to have confirmation of the conditions diagnosed from each patient’s own GP and additional proof of address will be required.
11. It is now a requirement for all Online Pharmacies providing consultation services to have a record of each patient’s doctor’s details. This does not mean we will contact the patient’s doctor as we can only contact their doctor with their express permission. When the patient supplies us with their doctors' details they can select one of three options;
“A” we do not have your permission to contact your doctor.
“B”, we have your permission or
“C” we only have your permission for certain conditions with others that remain confidential.
12. It is a criminal offence to give any prescribed medication to any other person. Any medication that is prescribed is for the patient’s use only.
13. A patient can also provide us with their consent to access their summary care record from the GP’s record.
14. Should a patient be despatched with a maximum dosage of ED medication for a 1 month period, the patient will not be able to request pain relief medication again until 25 days after the previous medication was despatched.
As a responsible provider of prescription, NationWide Pharmacies Ltd operates a strict dispensing quantity and frequency policy. Please see monthly allowance details in the below table.
Drug Pack size. Quantity
CIALIS 2.5mg 28 28
CIALIS 5mg 28 28
CIALIS 10mg 4 32
CIALIS 20mg 4 32
CIALIS 20mg 8 32
VIAGRA 25mg 4 32
VIAGRA 25mg 8 32
VIAGRA 50mg 4 32
VIAGRA 50mg 8 32
VIAGRA 100mg 4 32
VIAGRA 100mg 8 32
LEVITRA 5mg 4 32
LEVITRA ORODISP 10mg 4 32
LEVITRA 10mg 4 32
LEVITRA 10mg 8 32
LEVITRA 20mg 4 32
LEVITRA 20mg 8 32
MAXALT 10mg MELT 6 24
SILDENAFIL DR REDDY 100mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL DR REDDY 50mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL DR REDDY 25mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL ACTAVIS 100mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL ACTAVIS 50mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL TEVA 100mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL TEVA 100mg 8 32
SILDENAFIL TEVA 50 mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL TEVA 25mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL TEVA 25mg 8 32
SILDENAFIL PFIZER 100mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL PFIZER 50mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL PFIZER 25mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL SANDOZ 100mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL SANDOZ 100mg 8 32
SILDENAFIL SANDOZ 50mg 4 32
SILDENAFIL SANDOZ 25mg 4 32
Spedra 50mg 4 32
Spedra 100mg 4 32
Spedra 200mg 4 32
Spedra 200mg 8 32