Free Metronidazole Treatment (400mg x 5 tablets)
Metronidazole is an antibiotic used in the treatment of infections of the blood, brain, lung, bones, genital tract, pelvic area, stomach and intestines.
Metronidazol is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
Metronidazole 400mg tablets belongs to a group of medicines called antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria and parasites that cause infections in your body. It can be used to:
- Treat infections of the blood, brain, lung, bones, genital tract, pelvic area, stomach and intestines.
- Treat gum ulcers and other dental infections.
- Treat infected leg ulcers and pressure sores.
- Prevent infections after surgery.
|STI Treated:||Bacterial Vaginosis|
|How to Take Metronidazole:||Take 5 tablets as a single dose|
For full details onMetronidazole tablets please click on the patient information leaflet below:
How to take Metronidazole:
- Swallow the tablets whole with a drink of water.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- Take these tablets during or just after a meal.
- The dose of metronidazole will depend on your needs and the illness being treated.
- The length of your treatment will depend on the type of illness you have and how bad it is.
- The usual dose for adults and children is given below:
- To treat bacterial infection
Dosage for Adults:
- Take 5 tablets as a single dose.
Who should take Metronidazole?
Do not take Metronidazole if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to metronidazole or any of the other ingredients in your medicine. Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
Check with your doctor or pharmacist before using your medicine if:
- You have or have ever had a liver problem.
- You are having kidney dialysis.
- You have a disease of nervous system.
If you are not sure if any of the above apply to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking your medicine. Do this even if they have applied in the past.
Taking other medicines.
Make sure you tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines. This includes medicines obtained without a prescription, including herbal medicines. This is because Metronidazole can affect the way some other medicines work. Also, some other medicines can affect the way Metronidazole works. In particular, tell your doctor if you are taking:
- Nti-coagulants (blood thinning agents), such as warfarin. The dosage of warfarin may need to be reduced if you are taking this drug.
- Lithium. If taken at the same time as metronidazole, the kidneys may be affected.
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy, such as phenytoin, primidone, phenobarbitone.
- 5 fluorouracil for cancer.
- Busulfan for leukaemia (cancer of the blood cells).
- Ciclosporin – to prevent the rejection of organs after transplant.
- Disulfiram for alcoholism.
Taking Metronidazole Tablets with food and drink:
Do not drink any alcohol while you are taking Metronidazole and for 48 hours after finishing your course. Drinking alcohol while using Metronidazole might cause unpleasant side effects, such as feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting), stomach pain, hot flushes, very fast or uneven heartbeat (palpitations)
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
Tell your doctor before using Metronidazole if:
- You are pregnant, might become pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Metronidazole should not be taken during pregnancy unless considered absolutely necessary.
- You are breast-feeding. It is better not to use Metronidazole if you are breast-feeding. This is because small amounts may pass into the mother's milk.
Possible side effects of Metronidazole
Like all medicines, Metronidazole Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Metronidazole and see a doctor or go to a hospital straight away if:
- You get swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing. You could also notice an itchy, lumpy rash (hives) or nettle rash (urticaria). This may mean you are having an allergic reaction to Metronidazole.
- A serious but very rare side effect is a brain disease (encephalopathy). Symptoms vary but you might get a fever, stiff neck, headache, see or hear things that aren't there. You might also have problems using your arms and legs, problems with speaking or feel confused.
Talk to your doctor straight away if you notice the following side effects.
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes. This could be due to a liver problem (jaundice).
- Unexpected infections, mouth ulcers, bruising, bleeding gums, or severe tiredness. This could be caused by a blood problem.
- Severe stomach pain which may reach through to your back (pancreatitis).
- Fits (convulsions.
- Mental problems such as feeling confused and seeing or hearing things that are not there (hallucinations).
- Problems with your eyesight such as blurred or double vision.
- Skin rash and flushing.
- Darkening of the urine.
- Feeling sleepy or dizzy.
- Pains in the muscles or joints.
Other Ingredients: Povidone, magnesium stearate ,colloidal anhydrous silica and maize starch.
Buying Metronidazole Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Metronidazole online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Metronidazole. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
Nationwide Pharmacies online doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication. Once you have selected the treatment that you require simply follow the steps below:
Add to basket and proceed to checkout
Answer the medical questionnaire
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours
Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 1PM (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1PM the next working day.