Free Mycoplasma genitalium treatment (Azithromycin 1 x 500mg stat & 250mg daily x 4)
Azithromycin - 1 x 500mg stat & 250mg daily x 4 days for Mycoplasma Genitalium
Azithromycin is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
Azithromycin belongs to a group of medicines known as the quinolone antibacterials, fluoroquinolones. It has high anti-bacterial activity against a wide range of organisms. Azithromycin works by killing bacteria that cause infections. it only works with specific strains of bacteria.
For full details on azithromycin please click on the patient information leaflet below:
|Strength||500mg / 250mg|
How to take Azithromycin:
For adults (18-65 years and over) Always take Azithromycin exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The pack contains five tablets.
- Take one 500mg tablet on day one and 1 x 250mg tablet daily for 4 days thereafter.
- If you are sick (vomit) within 3 hours of taking your dose, they might not work properly, so ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
Who should take Azithromycin?
Do not take Azithromycin but see a doctor instead if you:
- are allergic to azithromycin, other macrolide antibiotics or any ingredient in the product.
- are under 16 years of age.
- have tested positive and also have symptoms of chlamydia / Ureaplasma such as
- pain when urinating or having sex
- unusual vaginal discharge (in women) or discharge from penis (in men)
- bleeding after sex or between periods (in women)
- pain below your belly button (in women) or in your testicles (in men)
- symptoms suggestive of other STIs, such as unusual lumps, bumps, blisters or sores around the genital or anal area
- are or may be pregnant or are breast feeding
- have liver, kidney or hear problems
- have myasthenia gravis. If you have diarrhoea or suffer from stomach problems after taking Azithromycin, please see your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not take Azithromycin if you are taking any of these other medicines:
- ergotamine or dihydroergotamine (for migraine or poor blood flow)
- warfarin (to thin the blood)
- disopyramide (for irregular heart beat)
- rifabutin (for tuberculosis)
- ciclosporin (to help prevent rejection of transplanted organs, or for use in arthritis or skin problems)
- digoxin (for heart disorders)
- theophylline (for asthma)
- terfenadine (for hayfever or allergies)
- azithromycin for any other infections e.g. c
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
It is not known whether Azithromycin is harmful to an unborn baby when taken by a pregnant woman. Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or are breastfeeding. Breastfeeding should be avoided for 24 hours after treatment.
Possible side effects of Azithromycin:
Like all medicines Imigran may produce side effects in some individuals. Common side effects include.
- Very common (occurs in more than 1 in 10 users): diarrhoea, stomach pain, feeling sick, wind.
- Common (occurs in less than 1 in 10 users): poor appetite, dizziness, headache, pins and needles, changes in taste, blurred or double vision, poor hearing, being sick, indigestion, rash, itching, joint pain, tiredness.
Azithromycin 10mg Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Azithromycin
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, mannitol (E421), glycine, aspartame (E951) and peppermint flavour (composed of peppermint oil, maltodextrin and dextrin).
Buying Azithromycin 10mg Wafers Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Azithromycin online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Azithromycin. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.