Fucibet Cream | Eczema Treatment
Fucibet cream contains two active ingredients, fusidic acid and betamethasone valerate. The combination of betamethasone and fusidic acid is used to treat eczema that is infected with bacteria. The betamethasone reduces the inflammation in the skin while the fusidic acid treats the infection.
Availability: Out of stock
What Fucibet Cream is and what it is used for?
Fucibet cream contains fucidic acid which is a type of antibiotic and betamethasone velerate which is a corticosteroid (steroid). These two medicines work at the same time in different ways.
- The antibiotic killing germs (bacteria) that cause infections. •
- The corticosteroid reducing any swelling, redness or itchiness of your skin
Fucibet cream is used to treat:
- Conditions where the skin is inflamed (eczema or dermatitis) and also infected by germs (bacteria).
|Active Ingredient:||Fusidic acid and betamethasone valerate|
|Available strengths:||30 & 60 grams|
|When to use Fucibet cream:||Daily see above|
For full details on Fucibet cream please click on the patient leaflet below:
Buying Fucibet Cream online:
With NationWide Pharmacies you can buy Fucibet cream online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Fucibet cream. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
- Betamethasone is a type of medicine called a topical corticosteroid. Corticosteroids are medicines used for reducing inflammation. Skin inflammation in eczema occurs due to the irritation of the skin, and is caused by the release of various substances involved in the immune system. These substances cause blood vessels to widen, resulting in the affected area becoming red, swollen, itchy and painful.When betamethasone is applied to the skin it works by acting inside the cells to decrease the release of these inflammatory substances. This reduces swelling, redness and itch. Betamethasone is a potent corticosteroid.
- Fusidic acid is an antibiotic medicine used to treat infections with bacteria. It works by entering bacterial cells and interfering with the production of proteins that the bacteria need to divide and multiply. It doesn't directly kill the bacteria, but leaves them unable to increase in numbers. The bacteria eventually die or are destroyed by the immune system. Fusidic acid is included in this preparation to treat the bacterial infection that can sometimes occur in eczema.The combination of betamethasone and fusidic acid is used to treat eczema that is infected with bacteria. The betamethasone reduces the inflammation in the skin while the fusidic acid treats the infection.
- Fucibet cream should be applied thinly to the affected areas of skin once or twice a day, as directed by your doctor. Click here to see how much cream to use.
- If your doctor has advised you to use dressings with this medicine, the skin should be cleansed before applying the cream under a fresh dressing.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medicine, unless the hands are the area being treated.
- As this medicine also contains an antimicrobial it should not normally be used for longer than two weeks, as longer term use may increase the chances of micro-organisms becoming resistant to the medicine. If the infection does not seem to be clearing up within seven days of using this medicine you should consult your doctor.
- Don't use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- You should not dilute this medicine with moisturisers or any other products. If you are using other medicines or moisturisers on the same area of skin it is recommended that you leave at least 30 minutes between applying each product. This is to allow each product time to be absorbed and avoid them mixing on the skin.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.