Hydrocortisone Cream 1% | Eczema Treatment
Hydrocortisone Ointment 1% reduces inflammation and can help to relieve the symptoms of certain types of inflammatory skin problems such as eczema or dermatitis.
Availability: In stock
What Hydrocortisone Ointment 1% is and what it is used for:
Hydrocortisone is a mild topical corticosteroid (also referred to as a topical steroid). In inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis, topical steroids are used in addition to emollients (moisturisers) when patches of eczema or dermatitis flare up. Hydrocortisone relieves the symptoms of a flare-up by reducing inflammation, itching and redness. It is not a cure for these conditions, but it will help to relieve the symptoms. It also reduces inflammation due to irritants such as insect stings and in nappy rash.
|Manufacturer:||Actavis UK Ltd|
|Active Ingredient:||Hydrocortisone 1%|
|Available strengths:||30 & 60 grams|
|When to use Hydrocortisone cream:||as instructed by your GP or pharmacist|
For full details on Hydrocortisone cream please click on the patient leaflet below:
Buying Hydrocortisone cream Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Hydrocortisone cream online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Hydrocortisone cream. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
Corticosteroids are medicines used for reducing inflammation. Inflammation of the skin happens as a result of allergy or irritation of the skin, and is caused by the release of various substances that are important in the immune system. These substances cause blood vessels to widen and result in the irritated area becoming red, swollen, itchy and painful, such as is seen in dermatitis or eczema. When hydrocortisone is applied to the skin it works by acting inside the cells to decrease the release of these inflammatory substances. This reduces swelling, redness and itch. Hydrocortisone acetate is a mild corticosteroid that can be applied to the skin to treat a wide variety of inflammatory skin reactions, such as reactions to plants, insect bites, jewellery, toiletries, deodorants, soaps and detergents. It is also used to treat mild eczema.
- Hydrocortisone cream 1% should be applied thinly to the affected areas of skin once or twice a day, as directed by your doctor.
- If your doctor has advised you to use dressings with this medicine, the skin should be cleansed before applying the cream under a fresh dressing.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medicine, unless the hands are the area being treated.
- As this medicine also contains an antimicrobial it should not normally be used for longer than two weeks, as longer term use may increase the chances of micro-organisms becoming resistant to the medicine. If the infection does not seem to be clearing up within seven days of using this medicine you should consult your doctor.
- Don't use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- You should not dilute this medicine with moisturisers or any other products. If you are using other medicines or moisturisers on the same area of skin it is recommended that you leave at least 30 minutes between applying each product. This is to allow each product time to be absorbed and avoid them mixing on the skin.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.