Norgeston 3 Month Calendar Pack | Contraceptive Pill Treatment
Norgeston oral contraceptive pill is a single homone, or mini Pill,
Treatments start from £17.10
Norgeston is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
PLEASE BE AWARE DUE TO RECENT CHANGES IN LEGISLATION WE CAN ONLY DESPATCH CONTRACEPTIVE PILL MEDICATIONS TO THE REGISTERED BILLING ADDRESS ON YOUR ACCOUNT WHICH MUST BE THE ADDRESS THE CARD USED TO PAY IS REGISTERED. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY MAY RESULT IN THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR MEDICATION BEING DELAYED.
Norgeston contains a type of female sex hormone, called a progestogen. This hormone stops you getting pregnant by working in three ways: by making the fluid (mucus) in your cervix thicker, which makes it more difficult for sperm to enter the womb; by preventing the lining of your womb thickening enough for an egg to grow in it; and in some women it also stops the ovary releasing an egg each month (ovulation).
For full details on Norgeston please click on the patient information leaflet below:
|Tablet cost (based on chosing lowest quanitity)||£0.91|
To prevent pregnancy, always take Norgeston as described below.
- Take Norgeston every day for 35 days
- Norgeston comes in strips of 35 pills, each marked with a day of the week.
- Take your pill at the same time every day. Make sure that you are never more than three hours late with a pill otherwise the contraceptive protection may be lost.
- Start by taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the strip. Take one pill each day, until you have finished all 35 pills.
- Swallow each pill whole, with water if necessary. Do not chew the pill.
- Start your next strip of Norgeston the very next day after finishing the previous pack, again taking a pill marked with the day of the week. Always start the new strip on time.
If you miss a pill:
- If you are less than 3 hours late with a pill, take it straight away. Keep taking your pills at the usual time. This may mean taking two pills in one day. Don’t worry as your contraceptive protection should not be reduced.
- If you are more than 3 hours late with a pill, or you have missed more than one pill, your contraceptive protection may be reduced.
Possible side effects:
Like all medicines, Norgeston can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Tell your doctor, pharmacist or family planning nurse if you are worried about any side effects which you think may be due to Norgeston.
Serious side effects – see a doctor straight away:
Signs of a blood clot:
- a migraine for the first time, a migraine that is worse than normal, or unusually frequent or severe headaches
- any sudden changes to your eyesight (such as loss of vision or blurred vision)
- any sudden changes to your hearing, speech, sense of smell, taste or touch
- pain or swelling in your leg
- stabbing pain when you breathe
- coughing for no apparent reason
- pain and tightness in the chest
- sudden weakness or numbness in one side or part of your body
- dizziness or fainting.
Signs of a severe allergic reaction to Norgeston:
- swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat.
Signs of breast cancer include:
- dimpling of the skin
- changes in the nipple
- any lumps you can see or feel.
Signs of severe liver problems include:
- severe pain in your upper abdomen
- yellow skin or eyes (jaundice)
- inflammation of the liver (hepatitis)
- your whole body starts itching.
If you think you may have any of these, see a doctor straight away. You may need to stop taking Norgeston.
Less serious side effects:
- bleeding and spotting between your periods
- no periods
- allergic reactions, including wheezing, rash or reddened skin.
- depressive moods, loss of interest in sex
- headaches or migraine
- feeling sick or being sick
- putting on weight or losing weight.
Tell your doctor, pharmacist or family planning nurse if you are worried about any side effects which you think may be due to Norgeston. Also tell them if any existing conditions get worse while you are taking Norgeston.
Active Ingredients: 30 micrograms of the progestogen levonorgestrel.
Inactive Ingredients: Lactose, maize starch, povidone, polyethylene glycol 6000, calcium carbonate (E170), talc, magnesium stearate (E 572), sucrose, montan glycol wax.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.