Detoxification- Cleanse Diet
21 May 2018
Detoxification- Cleanse Diet
Raw fruit and vegetable juices, such as that of apples, carrots, grapefruits, spinach, blueberries, oranges, cucumbers, beets, and lettuce, are highly beneficial for nourishing your body as well as removing harmful toxins. They are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and many other biologically active compounds. Many of these phytochemicals stimulate the immune system, hormone metabolism, reduce blood pressure and even regulate detoxification enzymes of the body. You can simply drink a glass of raw fruit or vegetable juice two or three times a day or replace one meal daily with fresh juices. You can create a juice blend by juicing five carrots, four celery stalks, one beet, one small apple, one small cucumber, and half a lemon. For better absorption of the nutrients, drink the juice slowly rather than quickly gulping it down.
This is the most common way to detoxify your body. It helps rid the body of harmful toxins while providing a wealth of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. Green smoothies include a number of green vegetables containing chlorophyll, which helps in detoxification and getting rid of heavy metals like those found in pesticides and industrial pollutants.
• Put one cup of kale (coarsely chopped), one green apple (coarsely chopped), one ripe banana, and one-half cup of fresh parsley leaves and cilantro in a blender. If you do not have kale, then use collard greens. Or you can use any other green vegetables or fruits such as cucumber, kiwi, green grapes, spinach, broccoli etc.
• Blend the ingredients with about two and one-quarter or two and one-half cups of water.
• Start by drinking one cup of this smoothie daily. Gradually increase the dosage to three to four cups a day for at least three weeks.
Green tea is a great addition to any detox program due to its high antioxidant value. Of all the potent antioxidant compounds in green tea, the most powerful are catechins called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). Catechins help the body get rid of free radicals. Plus, they improve liver functioning, which is essential for detoxification. Drinking green tea keeps the body’s organs healthy, keeps the body hydrated and helps flush toxins from the body. Drink two to three cups of green tea as a hot beverage or iced tea daily for a week.
Lemon juice works as a powerful detoxifier and alkalizer. It also stimulates the liver’s bile production and boosts mineral intake as well as absorption. Lemons, especially the peels, contain an antioxidant called d-limonene, which has been found to activate enzymes in the liver that help remove toxic compounds.
• Drink a cup of warm water mixed with the juice squeezed from one lemon. Do this daily, first thing in the morning, until you experience improved health.
• Mix one-half cup of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey, and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a cup of hot water.
• Drink this daily for a few days or weeks.
Liquorice Root Tea
Liquorice root tea works as a good detox drink to cleanse the body of chemical contaminants. It will help cut sugar cravings as sugar tends to impede detox efforts. Plus, it has expectorant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-allergic, immune-boosting, and soothing properties.
• Drink 1 cup of liquorice root tea daily for a few days.
• Add one tablespoon of crushed liquorice root and one teaspoon of ground ginger to one and one-half cups of boiling water. Let it simmer for five to 10 minutes.
• Finally, strain the solution and stir in one teaspoon of lemon juice.
• Drink this once daily for a few days.
Ginger is also considered one of the best detoxifying herbs. The compounds called gingerols and shogaols in ginger promote detoxification by speeding the movement of food through the intestines. This in turn helps remove harmful waste and toxins from the colon, liver and other organs. One of the best ways to enjoy ginger’s detoxifying benefit is by sipping ginger tea. You can prepare the tea by steeping about two teaspoons of fresh grated ginger in a cup of hot water for five to 10 minutes. You can also add freshly grated ginger to salad dressing, or extract the juice of fresh ginger root along with other green vegetables.
Apples contain both soluble and insoluble fibre. The soluble fibre, pectin, in apples helps prevent plaque buildup in blood vessels. The insoluble fibre, cellulose, adds bulk to waste products and helps the digestive system move the waste quickly through the intestinal tract.
Beetroot is truly one of the most powerful foods to help detoxify the body. It contains betaine and pectin, which help protect the liver and the digestive system. These chemicals can cleanse the body, thus reducing the amount of toxins you may be carrying around. It also helps stabilize the blood’s acid-alkaline balance (pH), which in turn supports healthy detoxification. This red vegetable is also a valuable source of iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium, which are all required for optimal detoxification and elimination. Plus, the high amount of fibre in beetroot improves digestion and helps the body eliminate waste. It is recommended to eat raw beetroot in salad form or drink freshly extracted beetroot juice for best detoxification results. Do this daily for a few days or weeks.