Best Natural Home Remedies For Shoulder Pain
16 Jan 2018
Best Shoulder Pain Natural Home Remedies
How can Shoulder Pain be Managed?
Nothing irritates more than a painful shoulder. It can happen to anyone at any age. The worst thing about shoulder pain is that you are unable to concentrate on anything because of that bugging ache. However, for minor shoulder pains, you can help relieve the symptoms by natural home remedies that help get rid of shoulder pain.
Natural home remedies for shoulder pain include the following:
Epsom salt can give you relief from shoulder pain as it improves the blood circulation and relieves the stress not only from your shoulder but also your whole body. Apply this by:
1. Fill your bath with warm water
2. Pour two cups of Epsom salt into the bath
3. Mix thoroughly so that the salt gets dissolved in the water properly
4. Sit in this water with your shoulders submerged for 20-25 minutes
5. Repeat this three times a week to get better results You can also soak a towel in warm water mixed with Epsom salt. Put this towel on your shoulder to treat shoulder pain.
Turmeric is an effective pain reliever, whether consumed orally or applied topically on the affected area. The anti-inflammatory component in turmeric can also help give relief from pain and swelling. Apply this by:
1. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to two teaspoons of turmeric powder to make a paste.
2. Apply this paste on the affected area of your shoulder.
3. Wait for it to dry, and wash it off with warm water afterwards.
4. Do this twice a day until it gets rid of the shoulder pain.
You can also add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup of milk and stir well. Boil this milk and add honey to sweeten it. Drink this two times a day to help with the healing process. Or you can apply the paste of turmeric and olive oil to your shoulder to get relief from your shoulder pain.
Ginger improves the blood circulation in your body and boosts up the healing process. Apply this by
1. Adding a teaspoon of thinly sliced ginger to two cups of hot boiled water for ten minutes.
2. Add honey to sweeten the taste.
3. Drink this to treat shoulder pain.
Olive oil can help provide shoulder pain relief. It improves the blood circulation and reduces stiffness and swelling. Apply this by:
1. Heat some olive oil for a few seconds and allow it to cool.
2. Ask someone to massage it on your shoulder affected area.
3. Apply pressure and squeeze the shoulder muscles well to release the stress.
4. Do this for ten minutes.
5. Repeat this a few times daily to get shoulder pain relief.
Hot water can help heal the inflammation and swelling in the sore muscles of your shoulder. Apply this by:
1. Fill a hot water in a hand cloth and place it on your shoulder whilst lying down comfortably on your bed.
2. Keep this there for 10-15 minutes.
3. Do this a few times a day to get complete shoulder pain relief.
Cold compress such as ice helps to relieve the pain as it numbs the affected area of your shoulder. This also reduces pain and inflammation. Apply this by
1. Place some ice cubes on a hand towel and wrap it in the towel.
2. Put it on the aching shoulder for 10-15 minutes.
3. Do this 2 or 3 times a day to help relieve shoulder pain.
Black Sesame Seeds
Black sesame seeds are a rich source of calcium and magnesium that enhances bone health. Apply this by
1. Take a handful of black sesame seeds and soak them in water overnight.
2. Consume these seeds along with water in the morning.
3. Repeat this for a few days to provide effective shoulder pain relief. You can also eat black sesame seeds with food such as salad, soups, yoghurt, bread etc.
Mint acts as a cooling agent and reduces the burning sensation in the aching shoulder. Apply this by
1. Take a few mint leaves and crush them
2. Add some water to form a paste
3. Apply to the affected shoulder area to soothe the pain.
Garlic is an ultimate anti-inflammatory agent. Apply this by:
1. Take 3-4 cloves of garlic and mash them after removing the skin.
2. Heat it in a quarter cup of mustard oil.
3. Apply this oil on your shoulder and massage gently.
4. This process should help alleviate shoulder pain. Or you can use plain garlic oil to massage affected shoulder area.
Lavender oil can help relax the tired muscles and relieve the pain and inflammation. Apply this by:
1. Fill your bath with warm water
2. Add a few drops of lavender oil to it
3. Sit in the bath and soak your shoulders in this water for about 30 minutes.
4. Do this once a day to get relief for shoulder pain.
You can also mix a few drops of lavender oil in 2 teaspoons of warm olive oil. Then you can massage it on your shoulder for 10 minutes to relieve the pain and stress. Do this twice a day for a few days.
If you are experiencing symptoms of shoulder pain then feel free to fill in our free online pain relief diagnostic consultation.