Sexual Abuse & Sexual Violence Awareness Week
5 Feb 2018
Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week
- What is Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week?
- How to find support if you have been subjected to sexual abuse
- List of events throughout the country taking place in supporting the campaign
What is Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week?
This year the campaign will be held on Monday 5th February until Sunday 11th February. The purpose of the campaign is to support people suffering from sexual abuse and sexual violence. The purpose is to raise awareness of different events that are taking place around the country to try and combat these issues within the UK and support victims who are suffering from sexual abuse or violence.
How to find support if you have been subjected to sexual abuse
• NHS Choices Help After Rape and sexual assault https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Sexualhealth/Pages/Sexualassault.aspx
• NHS Choices search engine for rape and sexual abuse referral centres https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Rape%20and%20sexual%20assault%20referral%20centres/LocationSearch/364
• NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000 https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
• Rape Crisis Helpline: 0808 802 9999 https://rapecrisis.org.uk/
• Victim Support Helpline: 0808 168 9111 https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/crime-info/types-crime/rape-and-sexual-assault
• Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASAC) Helpline: 0808 802 9999 http://www.rasasc.org.uk/
• The Survivors Trust Helpline: 0808 801 0818 http://thesurvivorstrust.org/
• Women’s Aid Federation National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 https://www.womensaid.org.uk/
• NHS Choices what should I do immediately after a sexual assault or rape? https://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/2482.aspx
• Advice on if you are sexually assaulted abroad https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rape-and-sexual-assault-abroad-returning-to-the-uk http://sexualabuseandsexualviolenceawarenessweek.org/find-support/
List of events throughout the country taking place in supporting the campaign
• Stall at Broad Street Mall: Broad Street Reading RG1 7QE Thursday 8th February 2018 10:00 AM- 16:00 PM. Trust House in Reading is a sexual abuse and rape support centre for adults and children in the Thames Valley area. Go along to chat with workers from the centre and learn about their work. Contact number: +44 118 957 6633
• Solidarity Walk: High St, Bramley, Guildford GU5 0HB Monday 5th February 2018 RASASC Guildford are holding a walk along Guildford high street in solidarity with survivors.
• Light up the night: Humber Bridge, Hessle HU13 0LN Monday 5th February 2018 18.00 PM-19.00 PM the purpose of this is to shine a light on sexual abuse and sexual violence by walking across the Humber Bridge and lighting it up in solidarity with survivors of sexual abuse. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Public Lecture about Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week: Stoke-on-Trent ST4 2DF Tuesday 6th February 2018 17.30 PM. The purpose of this is to discuss perceptions of sexual offences and how sexual assault offences can be improved in the UK. Contact: email@example.com Telephone: 01782 295860 http://sexualabuseandsexualviolenceawarenessweek.org/find-events/
Use the hashtag on social media #itsnotok to spread the word online. The Shop raises awareness and supports the campaign including purchasing a wrist band and a bag in raising money and awareness towards providing support, advice and guidance for those who are vulnerable to being sexually abused, currently being sexually abused or have experienced it at some point throughout their lives. http://sexualabuseandsexualviolenceawarenessweek.org/shop/