Top 6 Hair Loss Home Remedies
17 Jan 2018
Top 6 Hair Loss Home Remedies
How can Hair Loss be Managed?
Male-pattern baldness is the most common type of hair loss, affecting around half of all males over 50 years of age. There are about 100,000 strands of hair on your scalp. If you lose over 50 to 100 strands of hair per day, it’s time for you to take some action so it does not progress into baldness or bald spots.
There are many effective home remedies natural to help treat hair loss condition.
1. Hair Oil Massage
The first step you can take to reduce hair loss is massage your scalp with appropriate hair oil. Proper hair and scalp massage will help increase the blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp and enhance the strength of your hair roots. It will also promote relaxation in the hair and reduce stress.
You can also use olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil and many others.
• Add a few drops of Rosemary essential oil to the base oil for better and faster results.
• Massage using any of the type of hair oils as mentioned above onto your hair and scalp by applying light pressure with fingertips.
• Do this at least once a week
2. Onion Juice
Onion Juice helps to treat hair loss due to its high sulphur content, which helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and reduce inflammation. The antibacterial properties in onion juice also help to kill germs and parasites and treat scalp infections which can cause hair loss.
• Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then strain it.
• Apply the juice directly onto your scalp.
• Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then wash it off.
• Finally, shampoo your hair after.
• Mix together three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil.
• Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.
• Repeat either of these home remedies two or three times for several weeks until you experience significant hair regrowth.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains enzymes that directly promote healthy hair growth. Their alkalizing properties can also help bring the scalp and hairs pH to a more desirable level, which can greatly promote hair growth. Regular use can also relieve scalp itching, reduce scalp redness and inflammation, add strength and luster to the hair and alleviate dandruff.
Aloe vera juice and gel work.
• Apply aloe vera gel or juice onto your scalp.
• Leave it on for a few hours and then wash it off.
• Repeat this process three to four times a week.
• You can also consume one tablespoon of aloe vera juice daily on an empty stomach to enjoy better hair growth.
4. Liquorice Root
Liquorice root is a herb that prevents hair loss and further damage to the hair. The mollifying properties of liquorice roots open the pores, soothe the scalp and help get rid of irritations like dry flakes. This home remedy is good for hair loss, baldness and dandruff.
• Add one tablespoon of ground liquorice root to one cup of milk with a quarter teaspoon of saffron.
• Mix it thoroughly.
• Apply the paste on bald patches at bedtime and leave it overnight.
• In the morning, wash your hair.
• Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
• You can also consume liquorice or in the form of liquorice tea three times a day.
Beetroot juice contains carbohydrates, protein, phosphorus, calcium and vitamins B and C. All these nutrients are essential for healthy hair growth.
• Include fresh beetroot juice in your diet. In addition to that, spinach juice, carrot juice will also help to keep your hair healthy.
• Grind beetroot leaves boiled in water and apply the paste onto your scalp.
• Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it out.
• Repeat this several times a week.
6. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is rich in protein and essential fats that promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. When it is applied to the hair, coconut milk also provides quick results.
• You can either buy your own coconut milk or make fresh coconut milk at home by adding freshly grated coconut to a pan of water.
• Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then strain it.
• Once cooled, apply the milk thoroughly onto your scalp and into your hair.
• Leave this for about 20 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
• To make the treatment more effective, you can mix black pepper to the coconut milk before using it.
If you are experiencing symptoms of hair loss then feel free to fill in our free online hair loss diagnostic consultation.