Top 7 Fungal Infection Home Remdies
10 Apr 2018
Top 7 Fungal Infection Home Remedies
- 1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2. Tea Tree Oil
- 3. Garlic
- 4. Coconut Oil
- 5. Oregano Oil
- 6. Olive Leaf
- 7. Turmeric
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a common treatment for any kind of fungal infection. Due to the presence of antimicrobial properties, apple cider vinegar helps kill the fungus causing the infection. Plus, its mild acidic nature helps prevent the infection from spreading and promotes speedy recovery.
• Dilute apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water, and then apply it externally on the affected skin. Leave it on for 30 minutes. You can even soak the infected skin area in this solution for 30 minutes. When done, pat dry the area thoroughly with a towel or dryer. You can use any of these remedies until you get rid of the infection.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has natural antifungal compounds that help kill the fungi that cause fungal infections. Plus, its antiseptic qualities inhibit the spread of the infection to other body parts.
• Mix together equal amounts of pure tea tree oil and olive oil or sweet almond oil. Apply this solution on the affected skin area several times a day.
• You can also prepare a mixture with three parts of tea tree oil and one part of aloe vera gel. Rub the mixture on the infected area twice daily. All these remedies must be followed for several weeks.
Garlic is a useful antifungal agent and hence very effective for any type of fungal infection. It also has antibacterial and antibiotic properties that play a key role in the recovery process.
• Crush two garlic cloves and add a few drops of olive oil to make a paste. Apply the paste on the affected areas and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then wash the area with lukewarm water and pat dry the skin thoroughly. Follow this treatment twice daily until you get rid of the infection.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil works as an effective remedy for any type of fungal infection due to the presence of medium-chain fatty acids. These fatty acids work as natural fungicides to kill the fungi responsible for the infection.
• Gently rub extra-virgin coconut oil on the affected area and allow it to dry on its own. Repeat two or three times daily until the infection clears up.
• Mix equal amounts of coconut oil and cinnamon oil and apply it on the affected area.
Follow this remedy twice daily to control the growth of the infection.
5. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil contains antifungal properties that fight the fungi responsible for fungal infections. Also, its antimicrobial property can be effective in preventing fungal infections.
• Mix equal amounts of oregano oil and extra-virgin olive oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it on for a few hours.
6. Olive Leaf
Olive leaf contains antifungal as well as antimicrobial properties that help kill fungi. Plus, it makes the immune system strong, which helps in faster recovery.
• Grind a few olive leaves to make a paste. Apply it directly on the affected area. Leave it on for 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water and pat dry the skin thoroughly. Follow this remedy once or twice daily until the infection is gone.
Turmeric is a well-known natural antiseptic, antibiotic and antifungal agent. Plus, its healing properties facilitate quick recovery and prevent the infection from reoccurring.
• Apply the juice of raw turmeric root on the affected skin area. Leave it on for two to three hours, and then rinse off with warm water. Follow this remedy twice daily until the infection clears.