Top 8 Weight Loss Home Remedies
24 Jan 2018
Top 8 Weight Loss Home Remedies
How can Weight Loss be Managed?
Obesity is a great concern not merely because of excess weight, but also because you are at greater risk of serious health problems such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and many others. It is important to adopt healthy lifestyle changes to combat this problem.
In addition, you can use some easy yet effective natural remedies to help with weight loss.
- 1. Lemon Juice
- 2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3. Aloe Vera
- 4. Green Tea
- 5. Cayenne Pepper
- 6. Tomatoes
- 7. Cabbage
- 8. Honey and Cinnamon
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a very effective home remedy in fighting obesity. It helps to improve digestion and aids in detoxification. Healthy digestion is an essential element for weight loss as it helps your body get the nutrients required to burn fat. Furthermore, it also helps to remove toxins from your body that slow down your metabolism.
• Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice, one teaspoon of honey, and one half teaspoon of black pepper powder in one glass of water or one quarter teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
• Drink this in the morning on an empty stomach.
• Do this daily for at least three months.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar is another popular home remedy to help reduce excess weight. It helps to break down fat and hence prevents the accumulation of body fat.
• Mix two teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
• Drink this daily in the morning and preferably before meals.
• You can also drink a glass of water mixed with one teaspoon each of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
• The maximum amount you should have is up to two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar per day. Do not exceed over this amount as it can lead to reduced blood potassium levels over time and lower your bone mineral density.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is useful in treating obesity as it stimulates the metabolism, increases energy consumption, and mobilises unused fat in the body. It contains natural collagen products that make the body work harder in order to absorb the proteins. In addition, it helps remove toxins from the digestive system and colon.
• Take two fresh aloe vera leaves
• Peel the leaves and scoop out the pulp
• Place into a blender along with a cup of citrus juice, such as orange juice, grapefruit juice etc. or a glass of water.
• Blend this for three minutes.
• Drink this daily for at least once a month
4. Green Tea
Green tea is another popular natural remedy in promoting weight loss. This has many health benefits. Green tea contains a compound known as epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which helps to slow down weight gain by limiting fat absorption and increasing the body’s ability to use fat.
Furthermore, green tea is also packed with nutrients such as vitamin C, carotenoids, zinc, selenium, chromium and other trace minerals.
• Drink about four cups of green tea daily to combat obesity.
• This can also be combined with ginger tea or cayenne pepper.
5. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper helps to control obesity and aids in weight loss. It contains capsaicin that stimulates your body to burn fat and increase energy expenditure. It also stimulates digestion and suppresses excess appetite caused by malabsorption of nutrients in the body.
• Make cayenne pepper tea by pouring a glass of hot water over cayenne pepper starting with one tenth of a teaspoon or just a dash of cayenne pepper and gradually increase its quantity to one teaspoon.
• Squeeze the juice from half a lemon in it.
• Drink this tea regularly for at least once a month.
• Mix two tablespoons each of lemon juice and maple syrup into a glass of water.
• Stir this in a dish of cayenne pepper and drink it.
• Use cayenne pepper and other spices such as ginger, black pepper and mustard seeds etc. generally in your meal preparations.
Eat a couple of tomatoes every morning on an empty stomach. Make sure you eat the peels and seeds as well due to the fact they contain dietary fibre. Tomatoes contain compounds that tend to alter the levels of hormones that affect your appetite. Furthermore, being rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium and other nutrients, they are good for your health. They are also packed with antioxidants that protect against cancers.
Making raw or boiled cabbage an integral part of your weight loss diet. It contains tartaric acid that inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Moreover, it is rich in vitamin C, and low in calories but high in fibre and water content. Other vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts etc. are also beneficial for weight loss.
8. Honey and Cinnamon
Include honey and cinnamon tea in your diet to boost your metabolism, increase your energy and detoxify your body. All of these elements help to support weight loss.
Honey fights obesity by promoting metabolism and cinnamon helps you to avoid overeating by fighting insulin resistance and also reduces stress associated with metabolic syndrome.
• Pour a cup of hot water over one-half teaspoon of cinnamon powder (you can also use cinnamon sticks).
• Let it steep for half an hour.
• Mix in one teaspoon of organic honey.
• Drink half of it in the morning on an empty stomach, about half an hour before breakfast.
• Store the rest in the refrigerator and drink it at night before going to bed.
• Repeat this as part of diet at least once a week and you can also eat foods associated with honey and cinnamon.
• Also drink eight glasses of water at least throughout the day to flush the toxins out of your body.
If you are looking to lose weight then feel free to fill out our free online weight loss diagnostic consultation below