Oxytetracycline 250mg | Acne Treatment
Oxytetracycline 250mg antiobiotics for acne treatment. Available as one, two and three month treatments on private prescription from NationWide Pharmacies.
Treatments start from £24
Oxytetracycline 250mg antibiotic is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
Oxytetracycline belongs to a group of medicines called tetracycline antibiotics. It is also known as a broad-spectrum antibiotic and may be used to treat a wide range of infections caused by bacteria. These include:
- skin infections such as acne
- lung infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis or whooping cough
- urinary tract infections
- sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea or syphilis
- infections of the eye such as conjunctivitis
- rickettsial infections such as Q fever or tick fever (severe headache, rash, high fever)
- other infections including brucellosis (headache, sickness, fever, swollen lymph nodes), psittacosis (headache, nose bleeds, shivering, fever), plague (painful swelling of the lymph nodes), cholera (severe sickness and diahorrea)
- leptospirosis (fever causing jaundice or meningitis), gas-gangrene and tetanus (lock jaw).
|How To Take Oxytetracycline:||2 Tablets twice daily|
For full details on Oxytetracycline 250mg tablets please click on the patient leaflet below:
Taking Oxytetracycline for Acne Treatment:
Always take your medicine exactly as your doctor has instructed you. You should check with your doctor
or pharmacist, if you are unsure. Do not take more than your doctor has recommended.
Dosage for adults:
- 2 x Oxytetracycline tablets twice daily.
- Do not take the tablets at the same time as milk or food, as they can make the medicine less effective.
- Swallow the tablets one hour before or two hours after meals, with a glass of water. Swallow the tablets when standing or sitting down and do not take them immediately before going to bed.
- Avoid exposure to natural or artificial sunlight as skin reactions may occur.
The usual doses are for at least 10 days unless otherwise directed by your doctor:
Do not give to a child under 12 years old.
Take special care with Oxytetracycline tablets and tell your doctor if you:
- suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition characterised by muscle weakness, difficulty chewing and swallowing and slurred speech
- have reduced kidney or liver function.
- Adults, Elderly and Children 12 years or over:
General infections: 1 tablet (250mg) every 6 hours, you may be given 2 tablets (500mg) initially. For severe infections your doctor may increase your dosage to 500mg (2 tablets) every 6 hours.
Skin infections: 1-2 tablets (250-500mg) daily either as a single dose or in divided doses for three months.
Brucellosis: 2 tablets (500mg) four times a day with streptomycin.
Sexually transmitted diseases: 2 tablets (500mg) four times a day for between 7 and 30 days depending on your condition.
- Children under 12 years old:
Oxytetracycline tablets are not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age as it can cause permanent discolouration of tooth enamel and affect bone development.
What Oxytetracycline tablets contain
- The active substance (the ingredient that makes the tablets work) is oxytetracycline dihydrate.
- The other ingredients in the tablet are magnesium stearate, maize starch, hydroxypropylcellulose (E463), colloidal silica, sodium lauryl sulphate.
- The tablet coating contains propylene glycol,sunset yellow (E110), quinoline yellow (E104), titanium dioxide (E171), methylhydroxypropylcellulose (E464), purified talc (E553).
What Oxytetracycline tablets look like and contents of the pack
Oxytetracycline tablets are yellow, circular, biconvex, film coated tablets which come in one strength. Each tablet contains 250mg of the active ingredient.
Pack size is 28 tablets
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.