Qlaira 3 Month Calendar Pack | Contraceptive Pill Treatment
Qlaira is a 28 day combined contraceptive pill and is used to prevent pregnancy.
Treatments start from £46.00
Qlaira is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
PLEASE BE AWARE DUE TO RECENT CHANGES IN LEGISLATION WE CAN ONLY DESPATCH CONTRACEPTIVE PILL MEDICATIONS TO THE REGISTERED BILLING ADDRESS ON YOUR ACCOUNT WHICH MUST BE THE ADDRESS THE CARD USED TO PAY IS REGISTERED. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY MAY RESULT IN THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR MEDICATION BEING DELAYED.
Qlaira combined contraceptive pill is a 28 day course. Each of the 26 coloured, active tablet contains a small amount of female hormones, either estradiol valerate, or estradiol valerate combined with dienogest. The 2 white tablets contain no active substances and are called inactive tablets
For full details on Qlaira please click on the patient information leaflet below:
|Tablet cost (based on best deal)||£0.76|
How to Take Qlaira
Each wallet contains 26 coloured active tablets and 2 white inactive tablets. Take one tablet of Qlaira every day, if necessary with a small amount of water. You may take
the tablets with or without food, but you should take the tablets at around the same time every day.
Do not take Qlaira:
- if you have (or have ever had) a blood clot in a blood vessel of the leg (thrombosis), of the lung (pulmonary embolism) or other organs
- if you have (or have ever had) a heart attack or stroke
- if you have (or have ever had) a disease that can be an indicator (i) of a future heart attack (for example, angina pectoris which causes severe chest pain) or (ii) of a stroke (for example, a minor stroke with no residual effects)
- if you have (or have ever had) a certain kind of migraine (with so-called focal neurological symptoms)
- if you have a disease that may increase the risk of a clot in the arteries. This applies to the following diseases:
- diabetes with damaged blood vessels
- very high blood pressure
- a very high level of blood fats (cholesterol or triglycerides)
- if you have a disturbance of blood clotting (for example, protein C deficiency)
- if you have (or have ever had) inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- if you have (or have ever had) liver disease and your liver function is still not normal
- if you have (or have ever had) a tumour of the liver
- if you have (or have ever had) cancer or suspected cancer of the breast or genital organs
- if you have any unexplained bleeding from the vagina
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to estradiol valerate or dienogest, or any of the other ingredients in Qlaira. This may cause itching, rash or swelling
The active substances are estradiol valerate, or estradiol valerate combined with dienogest.
Each wallet (28 film-coated tablets) of Qlaira contains 26 active tablets in 4 different colours in rows 1, 2, 3 and 4, as well as 2 white inactive tablets in row 4.
Composition of the coloured tablets containing one or two active substances:
- 2 dark yellow tablets each containing 3 mg estradiol valerate
- 5 medium red tablets each containing 2 mg estradiol valerate and 2 mg dienogest
- 17 light yellow tablets each containing 2 mg estradiol valerate and 3 mg dienogest
- 2 dark red tablets each containing 1mg estradiol valerate 15
- 2 inactive tablets contain no homone
Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, maize starch, pregelatinised maize starch, povidone K25 (E1201), magnesium stearate (E572)
Tablet film-coating: hypromellose type 2910 (E464), macrogol 6000, talc (E553b), titanium dioxide (E171), iron oxide yellow (E172) and/or iron oxide red (E172)
Other ingredients in the white inactive tablets are:
Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, maize starch, povidone K25 (E1201), magnesium stearate (E572) Tablet film-coating: hypromellose type 2910 (E464), talc (E553b), titanium dioxide (E171)
When can you start with the first wallet?
- If you have not used a contraceptive with hormones during the previous month. Start taking Qlaira on the first day of the cycle (that is, the first day of your period).
- Changing from another combined hormonal contraceptive pill, or combined contraceptive vaginal ring or patch. Start Qlaira the day after taking the last active tablet (the last tablet containing the active substances) of your previous pill. When changing from a combined contraceptive vaginal ring or patch, start using Qlaira on the day of removal or, follow the advice of your doctor.
- Changing from a progestogen-only-method (progestogen-only pill, injection, implant or a progestogen-releasing ‘IUS’, intrauterine system). You may switch from the progestogen-only pill any day (from an implant or the IUS on the day of its removal, from an injectable when the next injection would be due) but in all of these cases you must use extra protective measures (for example, a condom) during the first 9 days of Qlaira use.
- After a miscarriage. Follow the advice of your doctor.
- After having a baby. You can start Qlaira between 21 and 28 days after having a baby. If you start later than day 28, use a barrier method (for example, a condom) during the first 9 days of Qlaira use. If, after having a baby, you have had sex before re-starting Qlaira, be sure that you are not pregnant or wait until the next menstrual period.
- In general you should not take Qlaira while you are breast-feeding. If you want to take the pill while you are breast-feeding you should contact your doctor.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.