Skinoren (azelaic acid 20%) cream | Acne Treatment
Skinoren is a skin cream used to treat common acne (acne vulgaris).
Treatments start from £14
Skinoren (azelaic acid 20%) cream is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your on-line consultation.
Availability: Out of stock
Treating skin conditions
Skinoren Cream should only be used to treat acne.
- You should not use this product for any other skin condition.
- Skinoren attacks the bacterium called Propionibacterium acnes, which plays an essential part in causing acne. Skinoren also reduces growth of the harder outermost skin cells that block the pores of the skin to cause blackheads and whiteheads.
|Active Ingredient:||Azelaic acid|
|When to use Skinoren cream:||Daily see above|
For full details on Skinoren cream please click on the patient leaflet below:
Buying Skinoren cream Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Skinoren Cream online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Skinoren Cream . Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
How to use Skinoren cream:
Adults and Adolescents (12 – 18 years of age):
- First thoroughly wash with plain water the whole area to be treated. If the skin is greasy use a mild skin cleanser. Dry the skin thoroughly before applying Skinoren.
- Unless your doctor has told you otherwise, start treatment with Skinoren twice a day. If your skin is very sensitive use Skinoren once a day, in the evening during the first week of treatment. Then change to twice a day.
- The amount of Skinoren you should use will depend on the size of the area to be treated: - As a guide, if the whole of your face is affected, use 2.5 cm (approximately 0.5 g) of cream each time you apply Skinoren.
- If you have acne on your chest and back, as well as your face, adjust the amount of cream accordingly.
- Use the cream regularly. Rub it in gently.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using Skinoren.
Take special care with Skinoren:
- Skinoren is for external use on the skin only. You should not allow Skinoren to come into contact with your eyes, mouth or other mucous membranes. If it does, wash the eyes, mouth or other mucous membranes immediately with large amounts of cool water.
- Rarely, it has been reported that in some patients with asthma who were treated with azelaic acid worsening of asthma symptoms had occurred.V6_0 2
- Skinoren is not recommended for use in children below the age of 12 due to a lack of data on safety and efficacy.
- How long Skinoren has to be used varies from person to person. It depends upon how bad your acne is when you start treatment. You should see a distinct improvement after about 4 weeks. To get the best effect you will probably have to use Skinoren regularly for several months. However, you should not use Skinoren for more than 12 months at any time.
Reasons to stop using Skinoren:
- Stop using Skinoren and see your doctor as soon as possible if you think you are having an allergic reaction (e.g. rash) to Skinoren.
- Like all medicines, Skinoren can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Occasionally local skin irritation occurs with Skinoren, usually at the start of treatment. In most cases the irritation is mild and usually gets better as treatment continues. If skin irritation remains troublesome: reduce the amount of Skinoren you apply each time or apply it only once a day or stop treatment temporarily.
- If skin irritation still remains troublesome tell your doctor.
The reported side effects are listed below, based on the following frequency scheme:
- Very common: affects more than 1 user in 10.
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100.
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000.
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000.
- Very rare: affects less than 1 user in 10,000.
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
- Very common: burning, itching or abnormal redness of the skin (erythema) at the site of application.
- Common: scaling, pain, dryness, skin discolouration or irritation at the site of application.
- Uncommon: greasy skin, acne or loss of skin colour, tingling, dermatitis, discomfort or swelling at the site of application.
- Rare: cracking of the lips, vesicles (small blisters), eczema, ulceration, warmth at the site of application, allergic reaction, rash at the site of application, worsening of asthma symptoms.
If you experience any of these side effects and this becomes serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
What Skinoren contains:
- The active substance is azelaic acid. One gram of Skinoren Cream contains 200 mg (20% w/w) of azelaic acid.
- The other ingredients are: Arlatone 983S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-diglycerides, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and
- wax esters), cetearyl octanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85% (E422), benzoic acid (E210), purified water.
What Skinoren looks like and contents of the pack:
- Skinoren is a white opaque cream. Skinoren is available in tubes containing 20, 30 or
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.