Weight Loss Service Policy
Need help translating this page? Try Google Translate
Weight loss consultation
If we are to provide a patient with effective weight loss medications for their condition, it is important that our doctor correctly diagnoses the condition. This is why it is necessary for the patient to have a comprehensive and in depth online diagnostic consultation
Once the consultation is complete, the patient will be able to order the recommended prescribed medication monthly for a maximum period of 1 month. The diagnostic consultation will then be reviewed by our medical team
A medical review will be prompted to the patient after each 1-month cycle of medication. This is essential to monitor the patient’s progress with the medication and to make any changes or adjustments to the prescription that may be necessary. After being prompted to fill in the medical review the patient will be able to request a prescription for the medication required. The patient’s BMI on the current review must be lower than on the previous review. The medical review will then be assessed by our medical team to determine whether the requested medication is still suitable.
Important: weight loss medicines should be used initiated carefully in a patient with a BMI of 30 and over. Therefore, we must ensure that they are being used in a safe and appropriate manner. The following policy guidelines are in place for patient’s safety:
Weight loss policy guidelines
1. For a prescription to be issued by our doctor, the patient will need to provide a detailed and in depth consultation about their condition. In the patient’s interest, their answers must be truthful and provide as much detail as possible. If they don’t, then our doctor may not be able to issue the prescription.
All patients must be cleared (green flagged) on the Onfido system (online identification software).
2. The type of weight loss medicine and the strength will be identified by our diagnostic consultation. Only one type of medicine will be supplied at any given time.
3. Once a patient has completed the diagnostic consultation and our doctor has issued a prescription, the patient does not have to complete another for the same condition. Following the diagnostic consultation, the patient can request further supplies for the next three months after which they will be prompted to complete a medical review through their account admin area to complete a medical review of their condition. Thereafter, they will be prompted to complete a review every 1 month.
4. It is very important that the patient does not exceed the dosage guidelines provided with their medication. In order to help them follow dosage guidelines, they can only request further supplies for a maximum of one month's supply at a time. No further orders will be shipped until 28 days have lapsed from the despatch date of their previous order. If a patient orders earlier than the one month period their order may be accepted but will not be shipped until the due date. Please see the table below for dispensing volumes and frequency per medication.
5. If we become aware that a patient has ordered from NationWide Pharmacies Ltd and from other suppliers at the same time, we will reduce or cancel the order so that the total amount of medication supplied to any one person does not exceed the maximum dosage guidelines.
6. The medication must be paid for by a bank, debit or credit card that is registered in the patients' name and address.
7. In certain circumstances, proof of identity and address may be requested. If so, we may ask for a copy of the patient’s passport or driving licence along with a copy of a utility bill less than 3 months old.
8. Our doctors are particularly careful in prescribing prescription weight loss medications to anybody aged 18-25. It is uncommon for individuals within this age group to have a condition which requires prescription weight loss medications.
9. If more than one person is requesting prescription weight loss medication from the same address it will be necessary to have confirmation of the conditions diagnosed from each patient’s own GP.
10. It is now a requirement for all Online Pharmacies providing consultation services to have a record of each patient’s doctor’s details. This means NationWide Pharmacies will only accept your medication request providing your correct Doctor's surgery details are provided and that you consent to NationWide Pharmacies sharing your medical information or requesting relevant information about your condition. This in line with the new GPhC regulations for online pharmacies.
*If a patient provides consent to Nationwide Pharmacies to contact their GP, a consent letter and confirmation of diagnosis and treatment provided should be sent to the GP informing them of the medication request.
*Provision of false information e.g. doctor’s details or personal information will result in blocking the patient to use our online prescribing service.
11. It is a criminal offence to give any prescribed medication to any other person. Any medication that is prescribed is for the patient’s use only.
12. Patients can also provide us with their consent to access their summary care record from the GP’s record.
13. Our doctors hold the right to decline a prescription request if unsatisfactory response/information has been provided by the patient.
14. We require photo identification in the form of a valid Passport or Driving License for all Asthma medication requests. This can be done by uploading your ID in your account information area. If an order is placed and no ID has been uploaded we will contact you to ask you to do so which may result in a delay in your order being despatched.
15. We require a full body image of yourself to be uploaded when placing the order which the patient will be prompted to do. The body image should be taken on the day the order is placed.
As a responsible provider of prescription weight loss medications, NationWide Pharmacies Ltd operates a strict dispensing volumes and frequency policy. Please see details in the below table:
Drug name Pack size Quantity
Orlistat 84 1
Xenical 84 1
Saxenda 5 5