Zocor (simvastatin) 10mg | High Cholesterol Treatment
What is Zocor?
Zocor contains the active substance simvastatin. Zocor is a medicine used to lower levels of total cholesterol, “bad” cholesterol (LDL cholesterol), and fatty substances called triglycerides in the blood. In addition, Zocor raises levels of “good” cholesterol (HDL cholesterol). Zocor is a member of the class of medicines called statins.Cholesterol is one of several fatty substances found in the bloodstream. Your total cholesterol is made up mainly of LDL and HDL cholesterol.
Zocor is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: Out of stock
Merck Sharp & Dohme Limited
|Available Strengths:||10mg, 20mg & 40mg|
How to Take Zocor:
ZOCOR is used in addition to your cholesterol lowering diet if you have:
a raised cholesterol level in your blood (primary hypercholesterolemia) or elevated fat levels in your blood (mixed hyperlipidemia)
a hereditary illness (homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia) that increases the cholesterol level in your blood. You may also receive other treatments.
coronary heart disease (CHD) or are at high risk of CHD (because you have diabetes, history of stroke, or other blood vessel disease). ZOCOR may prolong your life by reducing the risk of heart disease problems, regardless of the amount of cholesterol in your blood.
In most people, there are no immediate symptoms of high cholesterol. Your doctor can measure your cholesterol with a simple blood test. Visit your doctor regularly, keep track of your cholesterol, and discuss your goals with your doctor.
2. What you need to know before you take ZOCOR
Do not take ZOCOR
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to simvastatin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in Section 6: Contents of the pack and other information).
- if you currently have liver problems
- if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- if you are taking medicine(s) with one or more than one of the following active ingredients:
- itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, or voriconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- erythromycin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin (used to treat infections)
- HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, and saquinavir (HIV protease inhibitors are used for HIV infections)
- boceprevir or telaprevir (used to treat hepatitis C virus infection)
- nefazodone (used to treat depression)
- gemfibrozil (used to lower cholesterol)
- ciclosporin (used in organ transplant patients)
- danazol (a man-made hormone used to treat endometriosis, a condition in which the lining of the uterus grows outside the uterus).
if you are taking or have taken in the last 7 days, a medicine called fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection) orally or by injection. The combination of fusidic acid and ZOCOR can lead to serious muscle problems (rhabdomyolysis).
Do not take more than 40 mg ZOCOR if you are taking lomitapide (used to treat a serious and rare genetic cholesterol condition)
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours.Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy. Delivery: All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services. Next Day Delivery: Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched. Saturday Delivery: Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.