Zolmitriptan Oral Dispersible Tablets | Migraine Treatment
Zolmitriptan Oral Dispersible Tablets for migraine relief. Available in 2.5mg and 5mg strength on private prescription from NationWide Pharmacies.
Treatments start from £30
Zolmitriptan is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: Out of stock
Zolmitriptan Oral Dispersible Tablets belong to a group of medicines called triptanes, which are used to treat migraine headache. Migraine symptoms may be caused by the temporary widening of blood vessels in the head. Zolmitriptan is believed to reduce the widening of these blood vessels. This in turn helps to take away the headache and relieve other symptoms of a migraine attack, such as feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting) and sensitivity to light and sound. Zolmitriptan works only when a migraine attack has started. It will not stop you from getting an attack. You must not use Zolmitriptan to prevent a migraine attack.
|Tablet Strength:||2.5 mg / 5mg|
|How to Take Imigran:||1 tablet taken at migraine onset|
For full details on Zolmitriptan tablets please click on the patient leaflet below:
|Tablet cost (based on best deal)||£0|
How to take Zolmatriptan:
For adults (18 years and over). Always take Zolmatriptan exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The usual dose is 2.5mg of Zolmitriptan. Some patients may need to take a dose of 5mg Zolmatriptan.
- Take the tablet with water, preferably as soon as possible after onset of the migraine attack.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet
- You can take another tablet if the migraine is still present after two hours or if it returns within 24 hours.
- Dop not use more than the dose prescribed to you.
- Zolmatriptan is not recommended for people younger than 18 or over 65 years old.
Who should take Zolmatriptan?
Do not take Zolmatriptan:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Zolmatriptan or any of the other ingredients of Zolmatriptan.
- if you have or have ever had heart problems, including a heart attack, angina (chest pain caused by exercise or effort), Prinzmetal’s angina (chest pain which happens at rest) or have experienced heart related symptoms such as shortness of breath or pressure over the chest
- if you have problems with the blood circulation to your hands and feet (peripheral vascular disease).
- if you have had a stroke/cerebral infarction, also described as an “attack” or cerebral haemorrhage (CVA; cerebrovascular accident).
- if you have had a temporary disturbance of the blood supply to the brain that left little or no residual symptoms (TIA).
- if you have severe liver function impairment.
- if you have high blood pressure.
- if you are taking drugs containing ergotamine or ergotamine derivatives (migraine drugs such as methysergide) or other triptans (5 hydroxytriptamine (5HT1) receptor agonists, such as almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan or zolmitriptan etc.). These must not be taken at the same time as Sumatri (see also “Taking other medicines”).
- if you are currently taking MAO inhibitors (e.g. moclobemide for depression or selegiline for Parkinson's disease). Sumatriptan must not be used with in two weeks of discontinuation of therapy with MAO inhibitors. See also ´Taking other medicines´ below.
You should consult your doctor first if:
- you are diabetic, especially if you are a woman past the menopause or a man over 40 years. The doctor should examine you first.
- you are a heavy user of tobacco or products containing nicotine (patches or chewing gum), especially if you are a woman past the menopause or a man over 40 years. The doctor should examine you first.
- you have liver or kidney impairment. The doctor might adjust the dose.
- you have ever suffered seizures/fits (convulsions) or have a predisposition to seizures/fits (convulsions); sumatriptan can cause seizures/fits. Sumatriptan might increase the risk of seizures.
- you are hypersensitive to certain antibiotics (sulphonamides). You may experience an allergic reaction after taking sumatriptan. Caution is advisable.
- you use herbal products containing St John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum). Side effects may occur with greater frequency.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
- During pregnancy, sumatriptan must only be taken following consultation with your doctor. Sumatriptan should be used during the pregnancy only if the potential benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the unborn child and no other appropriate treatment option is available.
- Sumatriptan passes into breast milk. You are advised not to breastfeed within 12 hours after taking Sumatriptan. Do not feed your child with milk expressed during this period.
Possible side effects of Sumatriptan:
Like all medicines Sumatriptan may produce side effects in some individuals. Common side effects include.
- Feeling dizzy, drowsy or warm, sensory disturbance
- Transient increase in blood pressure soon after treatment. Flushing
- Feeling sick. Vomiting
- Feeling of heaviness, tightness, pain or pressure in any part of the body including throat or chest. Myalgia.
- Feeling pain, sensation of heat or cold;
- Feeling of weak and fatigue
If you suffer any of the serious side effects listed below you should stop taking Sumatriptan immediately and contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Allergic/hypersensitivity reactions, varying from skin reactions to rare cases of anaphylaxis (sharp fall in blood pressure, pallor, agitation, weak and rapid pulse, clammy skin, impaired consciousness).
- Impaired vision, e.g. double vision, flickering and sometimes loss of vision with permanent impairment. Visual disturbances can also occur as a result of the migraine attack itself.
- Slow heart beat, fast heart beat, irregular heart beat, palpitations
- Reduced blood flow to the arms and legs and consequent pallor or blur tinge to the fingers and toes.
- Angina (pain in the chest, often brought on by exercise), heart attack or spasm of the blood vessels of the heart, transient ischaemic ECG changes.
- Spasm of the blood vessels of the gut, which can cause damage to your gut. You may notice stomach pain or bloody diarrhoea.
- Fall in blood pressure
- Stiff neck
- Joint pain
- Increased perspiration
Active Ingredients: Sumatriptan Succinate
Other Ingredients: Croscarmellose sodium, polysorbate 80, calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium hydrogen carbonate and magnesium stearate.
Buying Sumatriptan Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Sumatriptan online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Sumatriptan. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.