Yasmin 3 Month Calendar Pack | Contraceptive Pill Treatment
Yasmin combined oral contraceptive pill contains is a highly successful treatment for the prevention of unwanted pregnancy.
Treatments start from £34.20
Yasmin is a Prescription Only Medicine (POM). Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
PLEASE BE AWARE DUE TO RECENT CHANGES IN LEGISLATION WE CAN ONLY DESPATCH CONTRACEPTIVE PILL MEDICATIONS TO THE REGISTERED BILLING ADDRESS ON YOUR ACCOUNT WHICH MUST BE THE ADDRESS THE CARD USED TO PAY IS REGISTERED. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY MAY RESULT IN THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR MEDICATION BEING DELAYED.
Yasmin ids a popular version of the combined oral contraceptive pill. Containing two hormones, drospirenone and ethinylestradiol, Yasmin works by preventing the ovaries from releasing an egg (ovulation) and by thinning the walls of the uterus and thickening the opening of the uterus which makes it harder for sperm to enter the uterus or for a fertilised egg to embed itself in the uterus.
Yasmin is taken as a course of 21 daily pills followed by a 7 day break.
For full product details on Yasmin please click on the patient information leaflet below:
|Tablet cost (based on best deal)||£0.54|
Yasmin comes in strips of 21 pills, each marked with a day of the week.
- Take your pill at the same time every day.
- Start by taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the strip. Take one pill each day, until you have finished all 21 pills.
- Swallow each pill whole, with water if necessary. Do not chew the pill.
- After you have taken all 21 pills in the strip, you have seven days when you take no pills.
Do not take Yasmin if you:
- have (or have ever had) a blood clot in a blood vessel of the leg (thrombosis), of the lung (pulmonary embolism) or other organs
- have (or have ever had) a heart attack or stroke
- have (or have ever had) a disease that can be an indicator of a heart attack in the future (for example, angina pectoris, which causes severe pain in the chest) or of a stroke (for example, a passing slight stroke with no residual effects)
- have a disease that may increase the risk of a blood clot in the arteries. This applies to the following diseases:
- o diabetes with damaged blood vessels
- o very high blood pressure
- o a very high level of fat in the blood (cholesterol or triglycerides)
- have a disturbance of blood clotting (for example, protein C deficiency)
- have (or have ever had) a certain form of migraine (with so-called focal neurological symptoms)
- have (or have ever had) an inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- have (or have ever had) liver disease and your liver function is still not normal
- your kidneys are not working well (renal failure)
- have (or have ever had) had a tumour in the liver
- have (or have ever had) or if you are suspected of having breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs
- have any unexplained bleeding from the vagina
- are allergic to ethinylestradiol or drospirenone, or any of the other ingredients of Yasmin. This may cause itching, rash or swelling.
Consult your doctor If you have:
- a close relative who has ever had breast cancer
- a disease of the liver or the gallbladder
- Crohn’s disease or inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis)
- a blood disease called HUS (haemolytic uraemic syndrome) that causes kidney damage
- a blood disease called sickle cell anaemia
- epilepsy (see page 5 “Yasmin and using other medicines”)
- a disease of the immune system called called SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus)
- a disease that first appeared during pregnancy or earlier use of sex hormones (for example, hearing loss, a blood disease called porphyria, yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice), itching of the whole body (pruritis), skin rash with blisters during pregnancy (gestational herpes), a nerve disease causing sudden movements of the body (Sydenham’s chorea)
- ever had a discolouration of the skin especially on the face or neck known as “pregnancy patches” (chloasma). If so, avoid direct sunlight or ultraviolet light.
- hereditary angioedema, products containing oestrogens may cause or worsen the symptoms. You should see your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms of angioedema such as swollen face, tongue and/or throat and/or difficulty swallowing or hives together with difficulty breathing.
Active Ingredients: Drospirenone, ethinylestradiol
Inactive Ingredients: Lactose monohydrate, maize starch, pregelatinised maize starch, povidone K25, magnesium stearate (E470b), hypromellose (E464), macrogol 6000, talc (E553b), titanium dioxide (E171) and iron oxide yellow (E172).
Buying Yasmin Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Yasmin online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
How effective is the Pill?
The pill is almost 100% effective if taken properly.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.