Azithromycin 2 x 500mg Tablets (Chlamydia & Ureaplasma) | STI Treatment
Azithromycin 2 x 500mg antibiotic tablets for treatment of bacterial infections.
Treatments start from £24
Azithromycin is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: Out of stock
Azithromycin 500mg tablets belong to a group of medicines known as the quinolone antibacterials, fluoroquinolones. It has high anti-bacterial activity against a wide range of organisms. Azithromycin works by killing bacteria that cause infections. it only works with specific strains of bacteria.
|How to Take Azithromycin:||2 Tablets taken together|
For full details on Azithromycin tablets please click on the patient leaflet below:
How to take Azithromycin:
For adults (18-65 years and over). Always take Azithromycin exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The pack contains two tablets.
- Take both tablets together as a single dose with a glass of water before you go to bed and at least 2 hours after food or any other drink besides water.
- If you are sick (vomit) within 3 hours of taking your dose, they might not work properly, so ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
Who should take Azithromycin?
Do not take Azithromycin but see a doctor instead if you:
- are allergic to azithromycin, other ‘macrolide’ antibiotics or any ingredient in the product.
- are under 16 years of age.
- have tested positive and also have symptoms of chlamydia such as
- pain when urinating or having sex
- unusual vaginal discharge (in women) or discharge from penis (in men)
- bleeding after sex or between periods (in women)
- pain below your belly button (in women) or in your testicles (in men)
- symptoms suggestive of other STIs, such as unusual lumps, bumps, blisters or sores around the genital or anal area
- are or may be pregnant or are breast feeding
- have liver, kidney or heart problems
- have myasthenia gravis. If you have diarrhoea or suffer from stomach problems after taking Azithromycin, please see your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not take Azithromycin if you are taking any of these other medicines:
- ergotamine or dihydroergotamine (for migraine or poor blood flow)
- warfarin (to thin the blood)
- disopyramide (for irregular heart beat)
- rifabutin (for tuberculosis)
- ciclosporin (to help prevent rejection of transplanted organs, or for use in arthritis or skin problems)
- digoxin (for heart disorders)
- theophylline (for asthma)
- terfenadine (for hayfever or allergies)
- azithromycin for any other infections e.g. c
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
It is not known whether Azithromycin is harmful to an unborn baby when taken by a pregnant woman. Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or are breastfeeding. Breastfeeding should be avoided for 24 hours after treatment.
Possible side effects of Azithromycin:
Like all medicines Imigran may produce side effects in some individuals. Common side effects include.
- Very common (occurs in more than 1 in 10 users): diarrhoea, stomach pain, feeling sick, wind.
- Common (occurs in less than 1 in 10 users): poor appetite, dizziness, headache, pins and needles, changes in taste, blurred or double vision, poor hearing, being sick, indigestion, rash, itching, joint pain, tiredness.
Azithromycin 10mg Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Azithromycin
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, mannitol (E421), glycine, aspartame (E951) and peppermint flavour (composed of peppermint oil, maltodextrin and dextrin).
Buying Azithromycin 10mg Wafers Online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Azithromycin online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Azithromycin. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.