Pain Relief Medication Dispensing Policy
- Conditions NationWide Pharmacies can prescribe pain relief medications for
- Conditions NationWide Pharmacies cannot prescribe pain relief medications for
- Opioid medications
- Neuropathic medications
- Diagnostic consultation
- Medical review
- Pain relief policy guidelines
- Opioid pain relief medication dispensing volumes and frequency
- Neuropathic pain relief medication dispensing volumes and frequency
Conditions NationWide Pharmacies can prescribe pain relief medications for
NationWide Pharmacies consultation services adhere to NICE guidelines. Due to National Institute of Care and Excellence (NICE) current guidelines for pain relief consultations, we can only provide online consultation and diagnosis for the following conditions;
- Back pain
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Osteo Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Conditions NationWide Pharmacies cannot prescribe pain relief medications for
NationWide Pharmacies are unable to provide an online consultation and diagnosis for Opioid and Neuropathic medications for conditions including but not restricted to;
- Hip Pain
- Heel Pain
- Period Pain
- Leg Pain
When it comes to pain relief Opioid medications can be extremely effective for certain types of severe pain, particularly when over the counter painkillers have not been effective. The range of Opioid medications available from NationWide Pharmacies currently includes;
Not all pain responds to opioid medications for example in the case of Neuropathic pain a different range of products are required. NationWide Pharmacies current range of Neuropathic pain medications are;
If we are to provide you with effective pain relief for your condition, it is important that our doctor correctly diagnoses the condition. This is why it is necessary for you to have a comprehensive and in depth online diagnostic consultation with our doctor in order to identify the right medication for your specific condition.
Once diagnosed you will be able to order the prescribed medication monthly for a maximum period of 3 months.
After 3 months you will be required to complete an online Medical Review with our Doctor. This is essential to monitor your progress with the medication and to make any changes or adjustments to your prescription that may be necessary.
IMPORTANT: Prescription painkillers can be addictive as such we must ensure that they are being used in a safe and appropriate manner. The following policy guidelines are in place for your safety:
Pain relief policy guidelines
1. For your prescription to be issued by our doctor, you will need to provide a detailed and in depth consultation about your condition. In your own interest, your answers must be truthful. Where details are required please give as much detail as possible. If you don’t, then our doctor may not be able to issue your prescription.
2. The type of painkiller offered will be identified by your diagnostic consultation. Only one type of painkiller will be supplied at any given time.
3. Once you have completed the diagnostic consultation and our doctor has issued a prescription you do not have to complete another for the same condition. Following your diagnostic consultation, you can order for next three months after which you will be prompted to complete your medical review through your account admin area to complete a medical review of your condition. Thereafter, you will be prompted to complete a review every 3 months.
4. It is very important that you do not exceed the dosage guidelines provided with your medication. In order to help you follow dosage guidelines, you can only order a maximum of one month's supply at a time. No further orders will be shipped until 28 days has lapsed from the despatch date of your previous order. If you order earlier than the one month period your order may be accepted but will not be shipped until the due date. Please see the table below for dispensing volumes and frequency per medication.
5. If we become aware that a patient has ordered from NationWide Pharmacies Ltd and from other suppliers at the same time, we will reduce or cancel the order so that the total amount of medication supplied to any one person does not exceed the maximum dosage guidelines.
6. Your medication must be paid for by a bank, debit or credit card that is registered in the patients' name and address. The address the card is registered at is the only address we will deliver pain relief medications to. Please note we cannot despatch Opioid or Neuropathic pain treatments to work addresses.
7. In certain circumstances, proof of identity and address may be requested. If so we may ask for a copy of your passport or driving licence along with a copy of a utility bill less than 3 months old.
8. Our doctors are particularly careful in prescribing prescription pain relief medications to anybody aged 18-25. It is uncommon for individuals within this age group to have a condition which requires prescription pain relief medications.
9. If more than one person is requesting prescription pain relief medication from the same address it will be necessary to have confirmation of the conditions diagnosed from each patient’s own GP.
10. It is now a requirement for all Online Pharmacies providing consultation services to have a record of each patient’s doctor’s details. This does not mean we will contact your doctor as we can only contact your doctor with your express permission. When you supply us with your doctors' details you can tick one of three options;
“A” we do not have your permission to contact your doctor.
“B”, we have your permission or
“C” we only have your permission for certain conditions with others that remain confidential.
11. It is a criminal offence to give any prescribed medication to any other person. Any medication that is prescribed is for yourself only.
12. If a patient's condition requires Dihydrocodeine we will not supply this medication without speaking with your regular GP first
13. Should a patient be despatched with a maximum dosage of pain relief medication for a 1 month period, the patient will not be able to request pain relief medication again until 25 days after the previous medication was despatched.As a responsible provider of prescription pain relief medications, NationWide Pharmacies Ltd operate a strict dispensing volumes and frequency policy. Please see details in the below table.
Opioid pain relief medication dispensing volumes and frequency
Opioid Pain Relief Medication Maximum volume of tablets / caplets / capsules that can be dispensed Number of weeks the medication is supplied for from despatch date Co-Codamol 15/500mg 100 2 weeks Co-Codamol 15/500mg 200 4 weeks Co-Codamol 30/500mg 100 2 weeks Co-Codamol 30/500mg 200 4 weeks Co-Dydramol 10/500mg 100 2 weeks Co-Dydramol 10/500mg 200 4 weeks Codeine Phosphate 30mg 28 1 week Codeine Phosphate 30mg 56 2 weeks Codeine Phosphate 30mg 84 3 weeks Codeine Phosphate 30mg 112 4 weeks Codipar 15/500mg 100 2 weeks Codipar 15/500mg 200 4 weeks Codipar 30/500mg 100 2 weeks Codipar 30/500mg 200 4 weeks Dihydrocodeine 30mg 28 1 week Dihydrocodeine 30mg 56 2 weeks Dihydrocodeine 30mg 84 3 weeks Dihydrocodeine 30mg 112 4 weeks Kapake 30/500mg 100 2 weeks Kapake 30/500mg 200 4 weeks Solpadol 30/500mg 100 2 weeks Solpadol 30/500mg 200 4 weeks
Neuropathic pain relief medication dispensing volumes and frequency
Neuropathic Pain Relief Medication Maximum volume of tablets / caplets / capsules that can be dispensed Number of weeks the medication is supplied for from despatch date Cymbalta 30mg 28 1 week Cymbalta 30mg 56 2 weeks Cymbalta 30mg 84 3 weeks Cymbalta 30mg 112 4 weeks Gabapentin 300mg 100 4 weeks Pregabalin 75mg 56 1 week Pregabalin 75mg 84 2 weeks Pregabalin 75mg 168 3 weeks Pregabalin 75mg 224 4 weeks Pregabalin 100mg 84 2 weeks Pregabalin 100mg 168 4 weeks Pregabalin 150mg 56 2 weeks Pregabalin 150mg 112 4 weeks Pregabalin 300mg 56 4 weeks