Pain Relief Medication Dispensing Policy
Need help translating this page? Try Google Translate
- Conditions NationWide Pharmacies can prescribe pain relief medications for
- Conditions NationWide Pharmacies cannot prescribe pain relief medications for
- Opioid medications
- Neuropathic medications
- Diagnostic consultation
- Medical review
- Pain relief policy guidelines
- Addiction Services
- Opioid pain relief medication dispensing volumes and frequency
- Neuropathic pain relief medication dispensing volumes and frequency
Conditions NationWide Pharmacies can prescribe pain relief medications for
NationWide Pharmacies consultation services adhere to NICE guidelines. Due to National Institute of Care and Excellence (NICE) current guidelines for pain relief consultations, we can only provide online consultation and diagnosis for the following conditions;
- Back pain
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Osteo Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Conditions NationWide Pharmacies cannot prescribe pain relief medications for
NationWide Pharmacies are unable to provide an online consultation and diagnosis for Opioid and Neuropathic medications for conditions including but not restricted to;
- Hip Pain
- Heel Pain
- Period Pain
- Leg Pain
- Carpal Tunnel
When it comes to pain relief Opioid medications can be extremely effective for certain types of severe pain, particularly when over the counter painkillers have not been effective. The range of Opioid medications available from NationWide Pharmacies currently includes;
Not all pain responds to opioid medications for example in the case of Neuropathic pain a different range of products are required. NationWide Pharmacies current range of Neuropathic pain medications are;
If we are to provide you with effective pain relief for your condition, it is important that our doctor correctly diagnoses the condition. This is why it is necessary for you to have a comprehensive and in depth online diagnostic consultation
Once your consultation is complete you will be able to order the recommended prescribed medication monthly for a maximum period of 3 months.Your diagnostic consultation will then be reviewed by our medical team
After 3 months you will be required to complete an online Medical Review. This is essential to monitor your progress with the medication and to make any changes or adjustments to your prescription that may be necessary. Aftre being promtpted to fill in the medical review you will be able to place an order for the medication you are requesting. The medical review will then be assessed by our medical team to deternmine whether the requested medication is still suitable for you to continue.
IMPORTANT: Prescription painkillers can be addictive as such we must ensure that they are being used in a safe and appropriate manner. The following policy guidelines are in place for your safety:
Pain relief policy guidelines
1. For your prescription to be issued by our doctor, you will need to provide a detailed and in depth consultation about your condition. In your own interest, your answers must be truthful. Where details are required please give as much detail as possible. If you don’t, then our doctor may not be able to issue your prescription.
2. The type of painkiller offered will be identified by your diagnostic consultation. Only one type of painkiller will be supplied at any given time.
3. Once you have completed the diagnostic consultation and our doctor has issued a prescription you do not have to complete another for the same condition. Following your diagnostic consultation, you can order for the next three months after which you will be prompted to complete your medical review through your account admin area to complete a medical review of your condition. Thereafter, you will be prompted to complete a review every 3 months.
4. It is very important that you do not exceed the dosage guidelines provided with your medication. In order to help you follow dosage guidelines, you can only order a maximum of one month's supply at a time. No further orders will be shipped until 28 days has lapsed from the despatch date of your previous order. If you order earlier than the one month period your order may be accepted but will not be shipped until the due date. Please see the table below for dispensing volumes and frequency per medication.
5. If we become aware that a patient has ordered from NationWide Pharmacies Ltd and from other suppliers at the same time, we will reduce or cancel the order so that the total amount of medication supplied to any one person does not exceed the maximum dosage guidelines.
6. Your medication must be paid for by a bank, debit or credit card that is registered in the patients' name and address. The address the card is registered at is the only address we will deliver pain relief medications to. Please note we cannot despatch Opioid or Neuropathic pain treatments to work addresses.
7. In certain circumstances, proof of identity and address may be requested. If so we may ask for a copy of your passport or driving licence along with a copy of a utility bill less than 3 months old.
8. Our doctors are particularly careful in prescribing prescription pain relief medications to anybody aged 18-25. It is uncommon for individuals within this age group to have a condition which requires prescription pain relief medications.
9. If more than one person is requesting prescription pain relief medication from the same address it will be necessary to have confirmation of the conditions diagnosed from each patient’s own GP.
10. It is now a requirement for all Online Pharmacies providing consultation services to have a record of each patient’s doctor’s details. This means NationWide Pharmacies will only accept your medication request providing consent is given to contact your Doctor and that you consent to NationWide Pharmacies sharing your medical information or requesting relavant information about your condition. This is in line with the new GPhC regulations for online pharmacies.
11. Access to your SCR must be provided for NationWide Pharmacies to process your medication request.
12. Your GP will be contacted once your medication request has been assessed by one of our Doctor's and your GP will be allowed 2 working days to respond to our information request.
13. It is a criminal offence to give any prescribed medication to any other person. Any medication that is prescribed is for yourself only.
14. If a patient's condition requires Dihydrocodeine, Pregabalin and Gabapentin we will not supply this medication without speaking with your regular GP first
15. Should a patient be despatched with a maximum dosage of pain relief medication for a 1 month period, the patient will not be able to request pain relief medication again until 25 days after the previous medication was despatched.
16. We require photo identification in the form of a valid Passport or Driving License for all Opioid medications as well as Gabapentin, Cymbalta and Pregabalin. This can be done by uploading your ID in your account information area. If an order is placed and no ID has been uploaded we will contact you to ask you to do so which may result in a delay in your order being despatched.
17. Due to GPhC guidelines, we cannot despatch pain relief treatments on the same day the order was placed as we require to hold the order a minimum of 2 working days (but can be longer) before we can release the order. Your order will be placed 'on hold' until it is ready to be dispensed. If next day delivery is selected as a shipping option, this is only applicable from when the order will be despatched and NOT placed.
It is well known that some pain relief medications can cause addiction in some patients. If you or you feel a relative may be suffering from addiction, there are resources that can offer help and support;
If you think that you are becoming dependent on opioids, please consult your GP. It is important that you have a conversation with your GP about obtaining medicine from NationWide Pharmacies. This will ensure that your records reflect what you are taking. It is important in an emergency that health care professionals looking after you are informed about your current medication. You will not be thought of any less if you disclose this information. If anything, it will help with your treatment. If you are not ready to disclose to your GP , there are a number of confidential helplines available - https://www.talktofrank.com/
Frank offers confidential and useful advice on drugs and support for people who feel that they are dependent on opioids and/or prescription medicines. Please click the following site for more information about opioid and drug dependencies, mental health issues and general advice.
Other addiction services available are;
- NHS Drug Services finder
- Middlegate - addiction, advice and treatment
Opioid pain relief medication dispensing volumes and frequency
|Opioid Pain Relief Medication||Maximum volume of tablets/caplets/capsules that can be dispensed||Number of weeks the medication is supplied for from despatch date|
|Co-Codamol 15/500mg||100||2 weeks|
|Co-Codamol 15/500mg||200||4 weeks|
|Co-Codamol 30/500mg||100||2 weeks|
|Co-Codamol 30/500mg||200||4 weeks|
|Co-Dydramol 10/500mg||100||2 weeks|
|Co-Dydramol 10/500mg||200||4 weeks|
|Codeine Phosphate 30mg||28||1 week|
|Codeine Phosphate 30mg||56||2 weeks|
|Codeine Phosphate 30mg||84||3 weeks|
|Codeine Phosphate 30mg||112||4 weeks|
|Codipar 15/500mg||100||2 weeks|
|Codipar 15/500mg||200||4 weeks|
|Codipar 30/500mg||100||2 weeks|
|Codipar 30/500mg||200||4 weeks|
|Dihydrocodeine 30mg||28||1 week|
|Dihydrocodeine 30mg||56||2 weeks|
|Dihydrocodeine 30mg||84||3 weeks|
|Dihydrocodeine 30mg||112||4 weeks|
|Kapake 30/500mg||100||2 weeks|
|Kapake 30/500mg||200||4 weeks|
|Solpadol 30/500mg||100||2 weeks|
|Solpadol 30/500mg||200||4 weeks|
Neuropathic pain relief medication dispensing volumes and frequency
|Neuropathic Pain Relief Medication||Maximum volume of tablets/caplets/capsules that can be dispensed||Number of weeks the medication is supplied for from despatch date|
|Cymbalta 30mg||28||1 week|
|Cymbalta 30mg||56||2 weeks|
|Cymbalta 30mg||84||3 weeks|
|Cymbalta 30mg||112||4 weeks|
|Gabapentin 300mg||100||4 weeks|
|Pregabalin 75mg||56||1 week|
|Pregabalin 75mg||84||2 weeks|
|Pregabalin 75mg||168||3 weeks|
|Pregabalin 75mg||224||4 weeks|
|Pregabalin 100mg||84||2 weeks|
|Pregabalin 100mg||168||4 weeks|
|Pregabalin 150mg||56||2 weeks|
|Pregabalin 150mg||112||4 weeks|
|Pregabalin 300mg||56||4 weeks|