- What information do NationWide Pharmacies collect?
- How is the information collected?
- Who is collecting the information?
- Why is the information being collected?
- How will the information we gather be used?
- How do we seek consent?
- How to withdraw consent?
- Information Security
- Links to other websites
- Controlling your personal information and opting out
- Who will your information be shared with?
- Can I request the information NationWide Pharmacies hold about me?
- List of cookies we collect
What information do NationWide Pharmacies collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Identification and proof of address
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
How is the information collected?
The information NationWide Pharmacies collect is totally at the discretion of the user who remains in control of what information is submitted at all times. On occasion, we may request further details and information if we feel necessary. The information we may request is collected by the user providing it to us. Any information we request will be able to be added via a user's NationWide Pharmacies online account.
Who is collecting the information?
Any information a user provides us with will only be collected and used by employees of NationWide Pharmacies only.
Why is the information being collected?
We collect different information for different reasons. The address provided may be used to verify the card being used to make payment is registered and not fraudulent. Further, medical information collected will be used to assess and make clinical decisions where applicable. All information collected will be used for internal purposes only, unless we have been given permission to do so otherwise.
Information such as date of birth and name may be used to verify a user's identity. The information provided to us is verified automatically by a licensed agency in the event the information provided regarding identity cannot be verified, we may ask you to provide further documentation e.g. copy of a passport and proof of address.
As we are regulated under UK law and industry regulations, there are occasions when we may ask you to provide identification to prove who you are as well as a proof of address to prove where you live. Please refer to page 26 of the Care Quality Commission's 'The state of care in independent online primary health services' which can be accessed by clicking the pdf icon below.
How will the information we gather be used?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided which you will have voluntarily opted in on to receive.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Identification and proof of address documents are uploaded and safely stored in your account and kept on file for audit purposes as long as your account remains active.
How do we seek consent?
To register to receive e-mail's from us, there is a non-prepopulated tick box upon sign up which can be ticked should a user registering wish to receive e-mails from NationWide Pharmacies. In order to receive e-mails from us, a positive opt-in is required here.
NationWide Pharmacies seeks consent to contact your Doctor by asking to firstly provide us with the GP practice a patient is registered with and secondly, to specify whether we have consent to contact the surgery on the patients' behalf. The options for providing consent are;
- Yes - we do have permission to contact the patients' surgery
- Yes with the exception of - the patient can specify if there is a certain subject or condition they do not wish to speak with their surgery about
- No - the patient doesn't give NationWide Pharmacies consent to contact their surgery under any circumstances
How to withdraw consent?
To withdraw consent for NationWide Pharmacies to contact you by e-mail please either use the 'Unsubscribe' button at the bottom of our e-mails or e-mail email@example.com. To close your account e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request.
If a patient request for their account to be closed, any ID or proof of address provided will be permanently deleted immediately.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information and opting out
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Who will your information be shared with?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Can I request the information NationWide Pharmacies hold about me?
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to NationWide Pharmacies Limited, Unit 1, Riverside Business Centre Victoria Street, High Wycombe, Bucks HP11 2LT, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|The association with your shopping cart.
|Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
|The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
|Your preferred currency
|An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
|An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
|An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
|Stores the Customer Segment ID
|A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
|You sesssion ID on the server.
|Allows guests to edit their orders.
|The last category you visited.
|The most recent product you have viewed.
|Indicates whether a new message has been received.
|Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
|A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
|The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
|Information on what polls you have voted on.
|The items that you have recently compared.
|Information on products you have emailed to friends.
|The store view or language you have selected.
|The products that you have recently viewed.
|An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
|The number of items in your Wishlist.
|Remembers when the user has already seen the cookie privacy warning
|Used by Google Analytics to collect visitor statistics anonymously