Avloclor (chloroquine phosphate)
Avloclor tablets are used to help protect against malaria in certain countries. It contains the ingredient chloroquine phosphate, which belongs to a group of medicines called anti-malarials.
Availability: Out of stock
‘Anti-malarials’ can be used in certain parts of the world to help prevent malaria. This is a serious disease spread by infected mosquitoes. Avoclor will give some degree of protection (prophylaxis) against malaria in certain countries. It can be used when it is necessary to take more than one type of medicine at the same time to help prevent malaria.
- Please follow the dose as stated on the pack allowing for the appropriate time period on return from the malarious region.
- Ensure precautions are taken to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes; longsleeves/trousers particularly at dusk time use DEET repellent sprays, nets, coils etc.
- Inform your doctor if you feel ill at all within the first year of return in particular within the first 3 months.
When to start taking your medicine:
- Start taking this medicine one week before you enter the malaria area.
- You must continue to take it during your stay.
- You must keep taking this medicine for 4 weeks after leaving the malaria area.
Adults and children over 14 years
- Take two Avloclor tablets once a week on the same day each week.
- Take two Paludrine tablets daily, at the same time each day.
Do not use Avloclor in children under 1 year of age. For children over 1 year of age, the dose depends on the child’s age.
- Ages 1 to 4 years: Take half an Avloclor tablet once a week (on the same day each week).
- Ages 5 to 8 years: Take one Avloclor tablet once a week (on the same day each week).
- Ages 9 to 14 years: Take one and a half Avloclor tablets once a week (on the same day each week).
How to take your tablets:
- Take the tablet(s) after food.
- Swallow the tablet(s), or part tablets, whole with a drink of water.
- For a young child, the tablet(s) may be given crushed in milk, honey or jam.
Before you use your Anti-malarial Travel Pack
Do not use this Avloclor if:
- You are allergic to chloroquine phosphate or any of the other ingredients in the tablets.
- You are taking a medicine called amiodarone (used to control the heart rate). Avloclor may increase the risk of uneven heart beats (cardiac arrhythmias) when it is taken at the same time as amiodarone. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
|Manufacturer:||Alliance Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Qty in pack:||20 tablets|
What is in the Avclocor travelpack?
Your Anti-malarial Travel Pack contains two types of tablets:
- The Avloclor tablets contain a medicine called chloroquine phosphate.
What Paludrine/Avloclor Anti-malarial Travel Pack looks like and contents of the pack:
- Paludrine tablets are white and round. They have a break line on one side with the letter ‘P’ either side of the line.
- Avloclor tablets are white and round. They have a break line on one side and the letter ‘A’ either side of the line.
- Paludrine/Avloclor Anti-malarial Travel Pack contains 112 tablets (98 Paludrine tablets and 14 Avloclor tablets).
Nationwide Pharmacies on-line shop service offers a fast and convenient way to order your over the counter products. Once you have selected the treatment that you require simply follow the steps below:
- Add to basket and proceed to next stage..
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 2pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed by 2pm Friday. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.