Femodette 3 Month Calendar Pack | Contraceptive Pill Treatment
Femodette is a combined daily oral contraceptive pill used for the prevention of unwanted pregnancies. Available as a 3x 1 month calendar pack Femodette is a popular and proven version of 'the pill' with a 99% success rate.
Treatments start from £22.00
Femodette is a Prescription Only Medicine (POM). Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
PLEASE NOTE WE WILL ONLY DESPATCH PAIN CONTRACEPTIVE PILL MEDICATIONS TO THE BILLING ADDRESS OF THE CREDIT CARD USED WHICH MUST BE IN THE NAME OF THE PATIENT WHO HAS REGISTERED WITH US. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY MAY RESULT IN THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR MEDICATION BEING DELAYED.
Femodette is a combined pill containing synthetic oestrogen and progesterone hormones (Ethinylestradiol 20mg & norethisterone 75mg). The treatment is taken for 21 days followed by a 7 day break, during which you're likely to have a bleed similar to a natural period. Pills should be taken at the same time each day for it to be effective.
Femodette should be started between the first and fifth day of your period, to give immediate protection against pregnancy. If you start after your fifth period day you will need to use other means of contraception for at least 2 days.
For full product details on Femodette please click on the patient information leaflet below:
|Tablet cost (based on lowest quantity)||£1.04|
How Femodette works:
Femodette works in the following ways:
- Prevents the ovaries releasing an egg
- Thicken the mucus of the cervix to act as a barrier to sperm
- Thins the lining of the womb preventing the egg from attaching
Please remember that Femodette will prevent unwanted pregnancy only and will not prevent the contraction of AIDS or other sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s).
How effective is Femodette?
The Pill is more than 99% effective when used correctly. However this depends on women taking tablets exactly as required.
Benefits of taking Femodette:
- Does not interrupt sex
- Lighter, less painful, regular bleeds
- Easily reversible if you want to get pregnant
- Reduces the risk of cancer of the ovary, colon and womb
- May help to reduce premenstrual tension (PMT)
- May reduce the risk of fibroids and ovarian cysts
- Reduces acne in some women
Who may not be able to / may not want to use Femodette?
Femodette may not be suitable for Women who:
- Are over 35 years old and smoke or have stopped smoking less than a year ago
- Are overweight (BMI of 30 kg/m or over)
- Suffer from migraines with aura
- Have had blood clots in any vein or artery
- Have had circulatory disease or a heart abnormality
- Have diabetes complications or have had diabetes for over 20 years
- Have breast cancer or have had it within the last five years
- Have active liver or gall bladder disease
- Take certain medicines that interfere with the effectiveness of ‘the Pill'
- Are allergic to oestrogen
- Don't want to take a pill every day
- Might be pregnant
Possible side-effects of taking Femodette:
- Temporary increase in the chance of breast tenderness, headaches, nausea and mood changes
- Breakthrough bleeding
- May increase blood pressure
- Small increased risk of blood clots
- Small increased risk of breast cancer/cervical cancer
Buying Femodette online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Femodette online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Femodette. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
What if I miss a pill?
Missed pills or starting a packet late will make Femodette less effective. The chance of getting pregnant after missing a pill will depend on how many you missed and when you missed them. If you miss one pill in your pack or you start the pack one day late, it is not usually a problem. Missing more than one pill or starting a pack more than one day late may affect your contraceptive cover. If you are not sure what to do, continue to take your Pill, use alternative method of contraception like condoms, and seek advice from your doctor.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.