Lymecycline 408mg | Acne Treatment
Lymecycline 408mg antiobiotics for acne treatment. Available as one, two and three month treatments on private prescription from NationWide Pharmacies.
Treatments start from £17
Lymecycline 408mg antibiotic is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: In stock
Lymecycline capsules belongs to a group of medicines called tetracycline antibiotics. It is used to treat acne; which appears as blackheads and whiteheads which people often refer to as pimples or spots.
|Manufacturer:||Actavis UK Ltd|
|How To Take Lymecycline:||1 Tablet daily|
For full details on Lymecycline 408mg tablets please click on the patient leaflet below:
Taking Lymecycline for Acne Treatment:
Always take your medicine exactly as your doctor has instructed you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist, if you are unsure. Do not take more than your doctor has recommended.
Dosage for adults:
- The normal dose is one Lymecycline capsule once a day, preferably in the morning.
- Lymecycline capsules should always be taken with a glass of water.
- How long you will have to take Lymecycline capsules for will depend on how quickly your condition improves. For acne, this will normally be at least 8 weeks.
Acne responds slowly to antibiotics. It is important that you take all the Lymecycline capsules that your doctor has prescribed for you. If you stop taking Lymecycline capsules too soon, your acne or infection could get worse or come back.
Lymecycline capsules is not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age as it can cause permanent discolouration of tooth enamel and affect bone development.
To maximise the effectiveness of your Doxycycline take you tablet with food or a milk drink where possible to aid absorption into the body. You should take the capsules either sitting down or standing up and well before you go to bed for the night to stop irritation and ulceration of your gullet. It is important not to lie down for at least thirty minutes after taking Doxycycline capsules.
Please note this product is not suitable for children under 12 years of. Doxycycline may also not be suitable if any of the following apply:
- If you are allergic to Doxycycline or any of its ingredients (see below)
- If you suffer from liver problems
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you suffer from depression or other mental illnesses
Possible Side Effects:
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking your capsules and tell your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital accident and emergency department.
Unknown frequency of occurrence (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data):
- Serious allergic reaction which causes swelling of the face, tongue and throat that can cause great difficulty in breathing.
- Serious illness with severe peeling and swelling of the skin, blistering of the skin, mouth, eyes genitals and fever. Skin rash with pink-red blotches especially on palms of hands or soles of feet which may blister.
Lymecycline capsules may also cause the following side effects.
Common side effects (occur in less than 1 in 10 patients)
- nausea (feeling sick)
- abdominal pain
Unknown frequency of occurrence (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
- disturbances of eyesight
- vomiting (being sick)
- yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- increased pressure in the brain
- changes in the number or type of certain blood cells
- pain in the upper part of the abdomen
- changes in some blood tests (tests of liver function)
- itchiness, skin rash or hives
- inflammation of the intestine.
The following side effects may occur during treatment with the class of medicines to which Lymecycline capsules belongs (the tetracyclines):
- inflammation or ulceration of the gullet, causing pain or difficulty swallowing or painful heartburn
- difficulty in swallowing
- inflammation of the pancreas
- liver damage
- teeth discolouration
- inflammation or soreness of the tongue, mouth, cheeks, gums or lips
- soreness or itching of the genital area
- yeast infection around the anus or genitals
- infection of the colon
- permanent visual loss.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any side effects not listed in this leaflet.
What Lymecycline capsules contains
- The active substance is lymecycline. Each capsule contains 408mg of lymecycline equivalent to 300mg tetracycline base.
- The other ingredients are colloidal hydrated silica, magnesium stearate, capsule body: titanium dioxide (E171), gelatine, capsule cap: indigo carmine FD&C Blue (E132), black iron oxide (E172), titanium dioxide (E171), yellow iron oxide (E172), gelatine.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.