Best Tips To Help You Keep Active During The Winter
7 Dec 2017
Best Tips to help keep you active during the winter
- How can you stay active in the winter season?
- How do I keep myself active during the winter season?
- What other ways can I stay active during the winter?
How can you stay active in the winter season?
During the winter season the days begin to draw in and temperatures drop rapidly, it gets dark early so most people feel less motivated and may feel tempted not to exercise or stay active as often. Don’t give up! You should also stay active throughout autumn and winter to beat those seasonal blues and feel on top of the world.
Staying active in the winter helps to boost your immune system.
Regular exercise will help you to feel more energetic, making it easier for you to get out of your warm bed on cold, dark, mornings.
If you are looking for something less energetic then strength, balance, flexibility and sitting exercises are ideal if you want to improve your health, lift your mood and remain independent.
• Invest in winter active wear. If you want to stay on track as the temperature drops then you need to start working out with layers. This will help you to feel more comfortable especially when training and doing exercise and you will not be too cold as you are nice and warm during your workouts.
• Make a plan of your workouts in advance (with alternatives for unpredictable weather); this will help your chances to increase of following through. One of the key aspects about working out in the winter is to make sure you help your body to recover well.
• Look at doing exercise indoors and flexibility is the key to keep on track. Home exercises can include push ups, sit ups etc. Doing active household chores such as washing dishes, hoovering, sweeping, mopping) to keep yourself active whilst keeping your home looking good.
How do I keep myself active during the winter season?
• Recreational Winter Sports such as ice skating, roller skating found in town and city centres across the country may have temporary ice rinks set up in the winter months that you could use.
• Going to the gym and playing indoor sports such as basketball, badminton, table tennis etc.
• Keep yourself moving, put the right foods into your body and make sure you continue your healthy lifestyle to prevent you from contracting any illnesses.
• Going out for walks in the afternoon and mornings with warm clothing is a good way to stay active during the winter. This is considered an effective workout which suits people from a wide range of different fitness levels. Try to keep motivated and avoid going out for walks when it is really dark which would mostly be in the evenings and early mornings. If you work full time hours go out for a walk during your lunch break.
What other ways can I stay active during the winter?
• Do something you enjoy that is active such as playing a musical instrument such as guitar, piano, or active gaming devices such as Wii Fit, Wii Sports.
• Climb stairs either at home or in your workplace, spend as little as five minutes at a time climbing up and down the stairs for an efficient workout to stay active.
• Indoor Swimming is also good way of staying active during the winter. Create activity from family visits by encouraging house guests to exercise with you, go out for walks, and stay active in winter.