Top 8 Knee Pain Home Remedies
15 Jan 2018
Top 8 Knee Pain Home Remedies
How can Knee Pain be Managed?
- 1. Cold Compress
- 2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3. Cayenne Pepper
- 4. Ginger
- 5. Turmeric
- 6. Lemon
- 7. Mustard Oil
- 8. Epsom Salt
1. Cold Compress
Applying cold compresses to the painful knee is one of the best and easiest ways to reduce pain and swelling. The cold will help to constrict the blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the affected knee area and thus reduce swelling. This also helps to give relief from knee pain. Do this by:
• Wrap a handful of ice cubes in a thin towel.
• Apply the compress to the affected knee pain area for 10 to 20 minutes.
• Do this two or three times a day until the pain is gone.
You can also apply any type of frozen packaging and place it on your knee as a cold compress relief.
Account login required
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also helpful in reducing knee pain. Due to its alkalizing effect, apple cider vinegar helps dissolve mineral build ups and harmful toxins within the knee joint. It also helps reduce joint lubricants to help reduce pain and promote mobility. The ways in which you do this is by:
• Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in two cups of filtered water.
• Sip this mixture throughout the day.
• Drink this tonic daily until you completely recover.
• You can also add two cups of apple cider vinegar to a bath with hot water.
• Soak the affected knee in the water for 30 minutes.
• Do this once a day for a few days
• You can also mix together one tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
• . Use this to massage the affected knee once or twice daily until the knee pain is gone.
3. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin that works like a pain reliever. Capsaicin’s natural analgesic or pain relieving properties produce a warm sensation and reduce pain in the affected knee. The way in which you do this is by:
• Prepare a mixture by adding two tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder in one half cup on warm olive oil.
• Apply this paste on the affected area twice daily for at least once a week.
• You can also mix one quarter or one half teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder in one cup of apple cider vinegar.
• Soak a clean wash cloth in this solution and apply it to the aching knee area for about 20 minutes once or twice daily until the knee pain and inflammation is reduced.
Acti-Patch - Drug free treatment for back, knee, muscles and joints - only £19.99
Ginger is an effective remedy to help alleviate knee pain. Its effectiveness comes from the presence of anti-inflammatory compounds in it. Ginger can reduce swelling on the knee as well as the pain. The way in which you do this is by:
• Crush a small piece of fresh ginger, add it to a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes.
• Add a little honey and lemon juice.
• Drink two or three cups of this ginger tea daily until the pain has gone.
• . You can also massage the affected knee with ginger oil two or three times a day until knee pain reduces or goes completely.
Turmeric is an effective and natural treatment to help relieve knee pain. Turmeric contains a chemical called curcumin that has anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties that help reduce pain. The way in which you do this is by:
• Add one half teaspoon each of ground ginger and turmeric to a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes.
• Add honey to taste, drink this twice daily.
• Boil one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk. Sweeten this with honey and drink it once a day.
• Follow these remedies until the knee pain goes away.
Lemon can also be beneficial as a home remedy for knee pain. The citric acid found in lemon works as a solvent for uric acid crystals. The way in which you do this is by:
• Cut one or two lemons into small pieces
• Place the pieces in a cotton cloth and dip it in warm sesame oil.
• Place the cloth on the affected knee for 5-10 minutes.
• Do this twice a day until the pain goes completely.
•. Also drinking the juice of one lemon diluted in a glass of warm water early in the morning on an empty stomach or even drinking lemon juice is also beneficial.
7. Mustard Oil
A gentle massage of the painful knee with warm mustard oil helps to ease inflammation improves blood circulation in the region and helps to relieve knee pain. Do this by:
• Heat two tablespoons of mustard oil
•Fry one garlic clove chopped in until it turns brown
• Cool the oil
•Massage your aching knee with the oil in circular motions
•Cover the knee with a plastic wrap and use warm towels to apply heat for a few minutes
• Do this twice a day for about one or two weeks.
8. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulphate that has been shown to provide relief from knee pain. Magnesium works as a natural muscle relaxant that helps remove excess fluid from the tissues, in turn reducing inflammation, swelling and pain. Do this by:
• Add one half cup of Epsom salt to a hot bath and stir it well
• Soak the affected knee in this warm solution for 15 minutes
•Do this a few times a week until complete relief from knee pain.
If you are experiencing symptoms of knee pain then feel free to fill in our free pain relief diagnostic consultation.