World Kidney Day
8 Mar 2018
World Kidney Day
- What is World Kidney Day?
- How can you can get involved with World Kidney Day?
- Who is Involved with World Kidney Day?
- What Charitable Organisations in the UK support Kidneys?
What is World Kidney Day?
World Kidney Day is an annual global awareness and education event, held on the second Thursday in March every year. This year World Kidney Day will take place on Thursday 8th March 2018 with the primary focus of Kidney Disease and Women’s health. World Kidney Day is an annual global health awareness campaign that focuses on the importance of the kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney disease and kidney associated health problems.
The role of the World Kidney Day project team is to recruit, engage and empower local organisers for their World Kidney Day celebrations across the world. They provide organisers with global guidance, materials and centralise best practice and ideas to give inspiration to organisations and individuals who want to be involved Visit
Some of the key objectives of World Kidney Day include the following
• Raise awareness about Kidneys and Chronic Kidney Disease
• Encourage systematic screening of all patients with diabetes and hypertension for chronic kidney disease
• Encourage prevention of Kidney Disease
• Educate all medical professionals about their key role in detecting and reducing the risk of chronic kidney disease, particularly in high risk populations To find out more information about World Kidney Day Values Visit http://www.worldkidneyday.org/about/world-kidney-day/
How can you can get involved with World Kidney Day?
• Organise an activity or event to draw public attention to the importance of kidney health and the risks of kidney disease
• Add your event to the Global World Kidney Day Map
• Follow them on social media Facebook and Twitter and use the hashtag #worldkidneyday in tweets and posts to help spread the word and raise awareness
• Share and retweet their kidney facts released 1st-8th March 2018
• Promote World Kidney Day on your website
• Add links to the World Kidney Day UK Website in the emails you send and on social media profiles as well as putting up posters, leaflets, newsletters, creating your own blog about the campaign to raise awareness
• Download World Kidney Day Campaign Materials
• Raise Awareness Of Chronic Kidney Disease
• Promote Diagnosis To Help Treat/Prevent Chronic Kidney Disease
• Support Pack For World Kidney Day available on their website
To find out more about the kidneys, how they function, kidney diseases, kidney disease risk factors, symptoms, how to prevent kidney disease then read our in depth blog article to raise awareness
Who is Involved with World Kidney Day?
World Kidney Day is a joint initiative of the International Society of Nephrology and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations.
• The International Society of Nephrology is a not for profit society dedicated to advancing the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of kidney diseases in the developing world. With over 9000 professional members in 126 countries, the International Society of Nephrology provides a widely connected platform for scientific exchange between healthcare professionals around the world.
• The International Federation of Kidney Foundations is a not for profit federation founded in 1999 and currently has a membership with 63 kidney foundations and patient groups in 41 countries. This runs worldwide to improve the health, well-being and quality of life of individuals with kidney disease; standards of best practice of treatment and care; assisting the establishment of kidney foundations in countries where they do not exist; facilitating educational programmes for its members and promotes kidney disease research.
• They also have members from many different countries individual organisations supporting kidney health and World Kidney Day raising awareness and fundraising.