Optilast (azelastine hydrochloride) 0.05% eye drops | Hay Fever Treatment
Optilast 0.05% Eye Drops Solution contains a medicine called sodium cromoglicate. This belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines.
Treatments start from £19.00
Optilast is a Prescription Only Medicine. Please click on 'select treatment' below and start your on-line consultation.
Availability: Out of stock
What Optilast 0.05% eye drops are used for:
- Optilast contains azelastine which belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. Antihistamines work by preventing the effects of substances such as histamine that the body produces as part of an allergic reaction. Azelastine has been shown to reduce inflammation of the eye.
- Optilast can be used to treat and prevent eye disorders which you get with hayfever (seasonal allergic conjunctivitis) in adults and children aged 4 and over.
|Manufacturer:||Meda Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Active Ingredient:||Sodium Cromoglicate|
|When to use Optilast 0.05% Eye Drops||One drop in each eye in the morning and evening.|
For full details on Optilast 0.05% Eye Drops please click on the patient leaflet below:
Buying Optilast 0.05% Eye Drops Solution:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Optilast 0.05% Eye Drops Solution online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Optilast 0.05% Eye Drops Solution. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
What Optilast 0.05% eye drops are and what are they used for:
- It works by stopping the release of the natural substances in your eyes that can lead to an allergic reaction. Signs of an allergic reaction include itchy, watery, red or inflamed eyes and puffy eyelids.
- Optilast can be used for eye disorders caused by an allergy to substances such as house dust mites or animal hair (perennial allergic conjunctivitis) in adults and children age 12 years and above
How to use Optilast 0.05% eye drops:
- Wash your hands
- Remove the cap from the bottle
- Tilt your head back
- Carefully place the drop inside the lower lid without touching your eye
- Close your eye
- Wipe away any excess liquid from the eyes with a clean tissue
- Always put the cap back on the bottle as soon as you have used it
- Repeat in the other eye if needed
How much to use (adults, elderly and children aged 4 year and above):
- One drop in each eye morning and evening, or as directed by your doctor
- If you feel the effect of your medicine is too weak or too strong, do not change the dose yourself, but ask your doctor
What Optilast contains:
- The active substance is azelastine hydrochloride 0.05% (0.5 mg/ml). Each drop contains 0.015 mg azelastine hydrochloride. The other ingredients are benzalkoni hydrochloride.
What Optilast looks like and contents of the pack:
- Optilast is a clear, colourless solution. Optilast comes in a plastic bottle with a dropper attachment.