Ovysmen 3 Month Calendar Pack Contraceptive Pill Treatment
Ovysmen is a combined oral contraceptive pill (‘the Pill’) used as an effective birth control. Pack contains 3x one month pill strips.
Treatments start from £16.40
Ovysmen is a Prescription Only Medicine (POM). Please click on the link below to select your treatment and start your online consultation.
Availability: Out of stock
PLEASE BE AWARE DUE TO RECENT CHANGES IN LEGISLATION WE CAN ONLY DESPATCH CONTRACEPTIVE PILL MEDICATIONS TO THE REGISTERED BILLING ADDRESS ON YOUR ACCOUNT WHICH MUST BE THE ADDRESS THE CARD USED TO PAY IS REGISTERED. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY MAY RESULT IN THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR MEDICATION BEING DELAYED.
|Pill Type||Combined Pill|
|How To Take Ovysmen||1 Pill daily for 21 days followed by a 7 day break|
This contraceptive contains two types of female sex hormones, oestrogen and progestogen. These hormones prevent an egg being released from your ovaries so you can’t get pregnant. Also, Ovysmen makes the fluid (mucus) in your cervix thicker which makes it more difficult for sperm to enter the womb. Ovysmen is a 21-day Pill - you take one each day for 21 days, followed by 7 days when you take no pills.
For full product details on Ovysmen please click on the patient information leaflet below:
|Tablet cost (based on best deal)||£0.73|
Ovysmen works in the following ways:
- Prevents the ovaries releasing an egg
- Thicken the mucus of the cervix to act as a barrier to sperm
- Thins the lining of the womb preventing the egg from attaching
Please remember that Ovysmen will prevent unwanted pregnancy only and will not prevent the contraction of AIDS or other sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s).
The benefits of taking Ovysmen:
- Does not interrupt sex
- Lighter, less painful, regular periods
- Easily reversible if you want to get pregnant
- May help to reduce premenstrual tension (PMT)
- May reduce the risk of fibroids and ovarian cysts
- Reduces acne in some women
Who may not be able to / may not want to use Ovysmen:
Ovysmen may not be suitable for Women who:
- Are over 35 years old
- Smokers or if you have stopped smoking less than a year ago
- Are overweight (BMI of 30 kg/m or over)
- Suffer from migraines with aura
- Have had blood clots in any vein or artery
- Have had circulatory disease or a heart abnormality
- Have diabetes complications or have had diabetes for over 20 years
- Have breast cancer or have had it within the last five years
- Have active liver or gall bladder disease
- Take certain medicines that interfere with the effectiveness of ‘the Pill'
- Are allergic to oestrogen
- Don't want to take a pill every day
- Might be pregnant
Possible side-effects of taking Ovysmen:
Like all medicines Ovysmen may produce side effects in some women. Common side effects include temporary increase in breast tenderness, headaches, nausea and mood changes.
Buying Ovysmen online:
With Nationwide Pharmacies you can buy Ovysmen online safely and discreetly. If you do not have a prescription please use our free online consultation service to get a private prescription for Ovysmen. Nationwide Pharmacies is a UK registered NHS Pharmacy (GPHc reg: 1105564) and our doctors are GMC qualified to ensure that our patients are given proper advice and that our products are genuine.
How effective is Ovysmen?
The Pill is more than 99% effective when used correctly. However this depends on women taking tablets exactly as required.
Is there a risk of cancer?
The Pill reduces your risk of cancer of the ovary and womb if used for a long time. However, it also seems to slightly increase your risk of cancer of the cervix – although this may be due to having sex without a condom, rather than the Pill. All women should have regular smear tests.
NationWide Pharmacies Online Doctor service offers a fast and convenient way to order your prescription medication.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Create your account
2. Select your medical condition
3. Complete the diagnostic consultation form
4. Select your treatment
5. Complete medical questionnaire
6. Complete checkout process and submit your order.
Our doctor will assess your questionnaire within 24 hours. Once your prescription has been approved it will be despatched from our pharmacy.
All orders are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for delivery. The vast majority of orders are delivered next day however you should allow for up to 48 hours for delivery. In the case of high value orders we will from time to time use tracked courier services.
Next Day Delivery:
Guaranteed next working day delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £7.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day. Next Day delivery orders need to be placed before 12pm (Mon-Fri). Your order will arrive before 1pm the next working day after it has been despatched.
Guaranteed Saturday delivery is subject to a delivery charge of £10.50. Orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday. All Saturday delivery orders need to be placed no later than 12pm Friday’s. Your order will arrive before 1pm on the Saturday.